New Philips bulbs 800lm & 450lm bulbs at Home Depot

BM_lol

Newly Enlightened
I found new Philips bulbs at Home Depot:
a. 800lm 3000K non-dimmable bulb for $17
b. 450lm 3000K non-dimmable bulb for $11
c. 900lm 3000K dimmable PAR38 for $35 or $37 (forgot...)

Bought several 800lm bulbs to try them out.

Impression: Narrow beam angle, but they are smaller in size than competitor bulbs; will check to use them like downlights.

CopyofIMG_8228.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the spec'ed lifetime on these bulbs, and power consumption? Need to check HD Canada to see if anything similar is in. I imagine the 450l bulb competes with the Utilitech/Feit bulb which I believe sells at Lowes for $10 or so (and $13 up here), although it's dimmable. Dave

BM_lol

Newly Enlightened
What's the spec'ed lifetime on these bulbs, and power consumption? Need to check HD Canada to see if anything similar is in. I imagine the 450l bulb competes with the Utilitech/Feit bulb which I believe sells at Lowes for $10 or so (and $13 up here), although it's dimmable. Dave

It is 7.5W on the 450lm one, and 10.5W on the 800lm one.
I didn't really care if it was dimmable or not, just to put several in corridor as downlights.
Lifetime read 18 years. Good enough for me.

wws944

Enlightened
I bought one of the 800 lm ones a couple of weeks ago. As mentioned, it is non-dimmable. It also states on the box that it is not intended for use with occupancy sensors, photo controls, or timers. Wierdly, the power draw bounces around quite a bit between 10.1 and 10.5 watts (on my Kill-A-Watt meter), never really 'settling in'. Otherwise it seems to work quite well. No RFI.

It would be interesting to compare the 450 lm bulb to the Lighting Sciences 429 lm bulb which HD has carried for some time under its Ecosmart brand name. The latter is a dollar cheaper, and is dimmable. However I notice a lot of RFI when I put more than one on a dimmer circuit. (Lutron DV-600P dimmer.)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
These bulbs just showed up in the Canadian flyer. C$12.88 and $17.88.
Special buy/while quantities last. Not shown on the website (can't check stock).

Just after I placed an order for Evolux 2 from EarthLED. Grrr!

coldpower27

Newly Enlightened
Special buy/while quantities last. Not shown on the website (can't check stock).

Just after I placed an order for Evolux 2 from EarthLED. Grrr!

Yeah I went in to get other LED's but I picked up a few of the $18 as they can be combined with the SaveonEnergy promotion running on right now.

https://www.saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Programs/Instant-Rebates/Printable-COUPONS.aspx

Not bad bulbs for ~ $15 each after taxes with Coupon.

slebans

Enlightened

Finally, today the 10.5 watt(800 lumen) bulb showed up in my local HD!

At 3000K, the efficacy of this bulb is an impressive 76 lumens per watt. I really liked the small form factor(smaller than a std A19 bulb) as I easily placed them within a semi enclosed ceiling fixture.

It is too bad they are not dimmable! A dimmable 3000K bulb at 76 lumens per watt for under $18 would really help the market move to the next level.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep checking, and they are not there.
I really could use that 800lm one. It would pay for itself in one year.

Wait, found it. They aren't located with the rest of the light bulbs, but hidden in lighting.

Last edited: