Battery Junction
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *SOLD: 2 piece Ti Hyperlux*

Default Re: *FS: 2 piece Ti Hyperlux*

Thanks for the explanation! And good luck on the sale for OP, I'm surprised this light hasn't sold yet

Well... OK... I'll take it.
    I haven't bought a light for over a year (I know, how dare I) and it was worth the wait.

Paypal incoming.

R-

Wow! Thanks for all of the bumps everybody!
    Looks like you all pushed RPM passed the redline and over the edge!!!
    No new light for over a year!?! Sacrilege!!!! You picked the right light to break yourself back in with!!
    Congrats!!
    This light is now SOLD pending funds!
    Last edited by luxlunatic; 07-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    What are you people......on DOPE!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanko View Post
    Just curious. In the last picture, what is the source of the green, red and blue light than is seen on the outside of the tail and the head?
    Quote Originally Posted by arewethereyetdad View Post
    It's the reflection of the colored trits against the shiny tail bevel, and probably a reflection off the inside of the photo tent back against the light??
    I am suprised that no one has asked me that yet!
    Now to explain....

It actually is not the light from the trits reflecting onto the bezel, though the tints of the colors are quite close. If it were only that easy!!! Also, no photo tent, but I could use one!
    To get the trits to show up with some vibrency, you need a nice, long exposure. For that shot, I was working with around an 8 second exposure with zero ambiant light. So during those 8 second periods I started thinking about "splashing" some color into the photo. I remembered that on my Iphone, I have an app that has a "flashlight'(Ha!) that can turn the screen any color. So, working quickly for those 8 seconds, I set the Iphone "flashlight" to blue and raised it from behind the camera to above the subject at approxemately my 2 o'clock position, reflecting the blue light off of the 2 o'clock position on the outside of the bezel and the (approx) 7 o'clock position on the inside of the bezel. Repeating the process with red at the 12 o'clock and green at the 10 o'clock.
    8 seconds is a long exposure unless your trying to splash 3 different colors onto the subject so I had to work fast and take many attempts to get the right look, a bit of trail and error but in the end makes for a nice shot. I am sure there must be an easier way to get this result but it did make my time in the dark taking these shots exciting!

If anyone read this far, thanks! And I hope that you learned something or got an idea or two to take a few cool low-light shots of your own!
    What are you people......on DOPE!?!

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunatic View Post
    I am suprised that no one has asked me that yet!
    Now to explain....

It actually is not the light from the trits reflecting onto the bezel, though the tints of the colors are quite close. If it were only that easy!!! Also, no photo tent, but I could use one!
    To get the trits to show up with some vibrency, you need a nice, long exposure. For that shot, I was working with around an 8 second exposure with zero ambiant light. So during those 8 second periods I started thinking about "splashing" some color into the photo. I remembered that on my Iphone, I have an app that has a "flashlight'(Ha!) that can turn the screen any color. So, working quickly for those 8 seconds, I set the Iphone "flashlight" to blue and raised it from behind the camera to above the subject at approxemately my 2 o'clock position, reflecting the blue light off of the 2 o'clock position on the outside of the bezel and the (approx) 7 o'clock position on the inside of the bezel. Repeating the process with red at the 12 o'clock and green at the 10 o'clock.
    8 seconds is a long exposure unless your trying to splash 3 different colors onto the subject so I had to work fast and take many attempts to get the right look, a bit of trail and error but in the end makes for a nice shot. I am sure there must be an easier way to get this result but it did make my time in the dark taking these shots exciting!

If anyone read this far, thanks! And I hope that you learned something or got an idea or two to take a few cool low-light shots of your own!
    Thanks for the explanation - very ingenious.

I was almost certain that the tritiums themselves couldn't be responsible for all those massive sheaths of colour emanating out, but I had no idea how you produced that effect. Its very good.

Congratulations on the purchase RPM!
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

This beauty now has a new home in So Cal... it didn't move too far.

I have to say that it's the sweeeeeetest light I own.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12