• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD: 2 piece Ti Hyperlux*

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for grabs is a Tain, 2-piece, Titanium Hyperlux.
This beauty sports some of, if not the best, knurling and ovarall machining to be seen on a Ti light, just stunning. A true work of art.
It also has one of the best looking switches too, sporting 6 trits and a great tactile click to the switch.

Here are the specs:

Material: 4AL6V Titanium Shell
Light Engine: Brass
LED: Cree XML LED: T6-3C(5000K)
Driver: 4 mode with memory. Low:100mA, Med: 500mA, High:1500mA, Turbo:2600mA
Battery: 1 x 18650 is recommend, 2 x CR123
Switch: Electronic Ti switch with 6-trits
Reflector: FRC-N1-OE2B-0 (originally designed for Ostar, but works perfectly with XML)

One negative. Although this does not affect the operation of the light, there is what sounds to be a tiny bit of loose thermal epoxy inside of the light engine. If shaken a certain way, in a quiet room, you can hear a faint rattle.
**UPDATE**The builder sent me a message stating that he will replace the light engine, if so desired by whom ever may buy this beautiful light, free of charge!!

And now for some shots!
620120093.jpg

canonfrontside.jpg

canonrearside.jpg

trits.jpg

Also comes with:
-EDCGear ,hard-shell, nylon case with room for the light and a few spare cells.
-Spare electronic switch.
-Spare O-rings

$1150 $1100 $1050 NOW $999 *SOLD*

-Paypal only please
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS are included in the price.
-Shipping sent Priority with Delivery Confirmation .
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *FS: 2 piece Ti Hyperlux*

Such a beautifully made functioning art...would have been mine if timing was right! :crazy:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

*UPDATE* The builder sent me a message stating that he will replace the light engine, if so desired by whom ever may buy this beautiful light, free of charge!!
With that good news, a price drop is warrented!!

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice light. This will make someone happy. Let me know if your interested in trades.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Typically generous gesture from Tain (and the builder) to offer to replace the L.E.

This is a bargain at this price and all ready to go. Stunning knurling and very compact.
I also really like the trit combination. :thumbsup:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

:bumpit: With a price drop!
I'm having second thoughts about parting with this one!

Midnight Run

Enlightened

I'd be all over it but...
3 of the same seems a little over the top ;)

I just want to say it is my favorite light of them all and if I had to keep just one, this would be it!

Good luck with the sale and...
What are you people... on DOPE!?!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Midnight run-I know what you mean that 3 is a bit over the top. Besides this 2-piece, I have a 3-piece Hyperlux and a SFIII Ti with the combat grip.
As much as I like the 2-piece, the proportions of the classic 3-piece is my true love and in Ti, a grail light for me! And although the 2-piece has nicer overall machining than the SFIII, the SFIII has characteristics that I really like, as mine has an anti-roll tail cap that I think only two of were made!
Yes, love that movie line, a classic that always bring a smile to my face and also kind of fitting for this place and our hobby!!

easilyled-I know but I would really like to free up some funds for a little something special for the wife!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

After having this light on hold for one of our members that expressed "serious" interest through PM's for nearly 3 weeks and after no responses to my multiple PM's and emails for 12 days, although they are active here daily, this light is once again available!

Can't believe I was this patient, probably because I am a bit reluctant to let this one go. At least I got to spend some more time with it! :D

Well, whoever led you along for three weeks made a big mistake not buying it. Having a 3-pc version I can say that this gem is MOST spectacular.

After having this light on hold for one of our members that expressed "serious" interest through PM's for nearly 3 weeks and after no responses to my multiple PM's and emails for 12 days, although they are active here daily, this light is once again available!

Can't believe I was this patient, probably because I am a bit reluctant to let this one go. At least I got to spend some more time with it! :D

davyro

Enlightened

That light is a work of art that i just wish i could afford,best of luck with the sale.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, whoever led you along for three weeks made a big mistake not buying it. Having a 3-pc version I can say that this gem is MOST spectacular.

It is indeed a gem, I have a three piece as well, that's the only reason I can part with this one!!!

jhanko

Enlightened

Just curious. In the last picture, what is the source of the green, red and blue light than is seen on the outside of the tail and the head?