Deep Sea Death Ray

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been fascinated by Diving Helmets, especially Siebe Gorman's original style, it's just too cool.

I am sure there are many diving helmetholics belong to a forum somewhere, judging by the original helmet going rate,

Example:
scaled.php

I wanted to build a display light for office & double as emergency spotlight when electricity goes off. What could be better than making a spotlight out of brass & copper Siebe Gorman style diving helmets?

a BMW style Angel Eye projector lens was mounted into the front window.
scaled.php

The little red switch controls the blue Age Eye
scaled.php

Since this is for the office, to prevent people from turning it on, blind themselves & sue my pants off, a second switch is used to control the lamp with key ignition.
scaled.php

Sneak peek of the inside:
Short arc lamp & dual fan cooling. One fan will be in sync with the lamp, the other will be in sync with the angel eye.
Since angle eye is independently controlled, this fan will be used for after burner cooling.
scaled.php

Ballast mounting bracket installed above the lamp:
scaled.php

This is all I have to share for now, waiting for the Lifepo4 battery pack to arrive so I can start wiring

To be continued...

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I think we are both sick, addicted. :)

It's better to have obsession in making unique light creations than addition to many other things, could've been a lot worse...

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,

I agree, it's so cute, I find myself coming back & staring at the pictures...LOL,

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally, battery pack arrived, wiring the battery & charging port into the base:
dscf2039tp.jpg%20

dscf2039a.jpg

Finished:
dscf2091j.jpg

dscf2093e.jpg

Test drive:
dscf2085u.jpg

dscf2061f.jpg

dscf2102c.jpg

dscf2087y.jpg

Last edited:

Draven451

Enlightened
That's one of the coolest looking lights I have seen! Great work :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
you have some of the best ideas lol... not only that, you actually able to CREATE them

leaves me :thinking: with my noobishness most of the time lol

i would love to see some of your creations in person at some point (I am also from CT)

you could laugh at my rudimentary attempts! LOL

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

May be we could get a MA/CT/RI/NY get together at some point?
Last time I joined PF18 but that was really far, I had to book hotel & stay overnight.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be cool
smile.gif

Check out this spot, Rock quarry near Crystal Lake area Ellington, CT. Half an hr from Hartford, ct & Spring Field, Mass.

I plan to make visit at some point, if we could make a deal to use Skyline quarry parking lot for a Sat. evening meet & then do shoot out in the quarry after dark, it'll be perfect.

The quarry sits on top of the mountain, 500 yards from one end to the other, if that's not enough, it over looks crystal lake, about a mile to the shore on the far end of crystal lake.
skylinequarrygooglemap.jpg

skylinequarry.jpg

Last edited:

JulianP

Enlightened
Do you think your creations will one day gang-up on you and chase you around the house firing 10,000 lumen beams? Personally, I'd be scared to sleep next to a Deep Sea Death Ray...

tam17

Enlightened
Great work, ma_sha1!

I'd be scared to sleep next to a Deep Sea Death Ray...

True! Since I've seen The SpongeBob Movie, Cyclops' helmet with eerie luminescent window haunts me!;)

Cheers