Suggest me an 18650 light to replace my SC600

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my Zebralight SC600w took a jump out of my front pocket onto my sidewalk a week ago and DIED. It was my only single 18650 light and now I need something to replace it. I really liked the Zebra but if it can't handle a 3 foot drop I don't need it. I need something that can and will stand up to daily use/ mild abuse. I would like to have a nice low and a high of around 200-300 Lumens and fairly floody like the Zebra. I'm not really a fan of cycling the switch a bunch of times EVERY time I turn it on. Since I killed the Zebra I've went back to carrying my HDS 140GT Nichia 219 Mod, it's a great light but I would also like a light for my 18650's I have too.

What are my options here? I thought about a Fenix PD32 but is there anything else I may have overlooked?

Thanks,

Jamie

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eagletac d25 series is getting a lot of hype. The D25LC2 can run off 2xcr123s or 1x 18650. I'm looking at it heavily as a possible next light to run my 18650s as well.

-Alex

biglights

Enlightened
The eagletac d25 series is getting a lot of hype. The D25LC2 can run off 2xcr123s or 1x 18650. I'm looking at it heavily as a possible next light to run my 18650s as well.

-Alex

This is a GREAT choice, I have it in neutral. Awesome light, cant go wrong with this!!!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman V20C? I quite like it myself...

After I posted this thread I went back to searching 18650 lights. I think the V20C looks nice also. If if will fit my Dark Sucks Ti clip would be a big plus too. I like the ET D series clicky too.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Malkoff MD2 with a two mode ring? If two modes is enough, it could certainly handle a 3 foot drop.

Yeah, I've had one of them. It's a great light but would like something just a bit different for my front pocket carry. If the low was lower and there was a middle mode I'd be all in for it.

Also thinking of a USA NovaTac 120P and get the 17670 tube and mod it to take 18650. Heck, if they made an 18650 tube for the HDS that would solve all the riddles of which light to get. The other thing I've found while searching is that lights like the ET D series 18650 light won't take the bigger flat top cells. They need the narrow button top cells.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE: I ran across a deal I couldn't pass up. I picked up a Fenix PD32 for just under $56 new, it should be here in a few days.

Atakdog

Newly Enlightened
I would also suggest the Eagletac D25 series, but if you want something tough I would think a pd32 would do it. I have a pd31 and have dropped it many times onto surfaces such as tile and concrete from various heights. If I loosen the head too much it likes to switch modes randomly but it is otherwise fine.

rambo180

Enlightened
single 18650 light sounds pretty good, I went online to search what you said

It dosen't meet all your criteria, but take a look at the Olight M20S-X. It is bulletproof. Seriously whats a 3 foot drop? You could drop this thing from a plane.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
It dosen't meet all your criteria, but take a look at the Olight M20S-X. It is bulletproof. Seriously whats a 3 foot drop? You could drop this thing from a plane.

I had the M20S but didn't like the visible PWM on the lower levels.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PD32 arrived today, nice light with no hint of green in the tint. :thumbsup: It may still get a Nichia swap though. Still may pick up a smaller 18650 light too.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as 18650 lights go I don't think you will find anything as small and multi-functional as the SC600 at the current time. Size and power wise it definitely is a standout.

rambo180

Enlightened
My PD32 arrived today, nice light with no hint of green in the tint. :thumbsup: It may still get a Nichia swap though. Still may pick up a smaller 18650 light too.

Nice one. Looks good, nice to know people aren't always going for the brightest thing they can buy.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Possibly - but that light looks like it was beat a bit with the ugly stick as it was designed. Very peculiar interface UI too. I Nitecore is big on the ramping but they've just never come up with a UI that I really care for. I really tried to like the D10 and it just never quite caught on for me.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice one. Looks good, nice to know people aren't always going for the brightest thing they can buy.

I all honesty, 98% of the time when I did use high it was the 174 lumen high instead of the 640 lumen on my SC600w. The 300+lumens of the PD32 is plenty.