Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RANT: production LED lights all have crappy clips

Default Re: RANT: production LED lights all have crappy clips

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Olight i Series. Cheap little lights with pretty solid clips.

Thanks for the tip! I think I can get one on my new Nitecore at least as the clip stops short of the ring :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    I donīt have a TCR1 but I have a spare McGizmo clip and and put it on my RRT-01 maybe two minutes after I unwrapped the light. It does fit but due to the thicker material it really rubs on the magnetic ring so I put the original clip back. The original clip has about half a millimeter between it and the ring. I assume itīs going to be the same with the TCR1.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by davecroft View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Olight i Series. Cheap little lights with pretty solid clips.
    I don't think those count as production lights though. I think production refers to the more specialty lights as opposed to the big mass produced ones. I agree though - the clip on the small Olights are pretty good.

The ZebraLight SC51 has a wonderful clip. It's sturdy, it's pretty, and the geometry is such that the clip forms a tripod so that it 'clipstands'. In a way I can see why they've moved away from the design - some people hate screw clips - but I for one will miss the design.

I'm in the minority that does not like clips. Most are cheap and eat clothing. I usually take them off. I have a Surefire Outdoorsman with a great clip. Most clips should be like that.

I should buy one of them water cutting machines like Jason's got an get into the clip mak'in business! N' if I knew how to sew, the holster mak'in business as well.

Matatac AA clips pretty good! Olight makes a pretty good clip as well! Yeah I agree that the E1b clip is good, as well as the LX-too's. Jason's clips are great, I especially like the "Flame Broiled" ones!

I think the functionality of a clip can go two ways. A belt clip is different than a clip that's mainly designed to clip to the inside of a jacket pocket or jeans pocket. I love the Eagletac D25A clicky clip, but it's clearly too close to the tube to clip it on a thick and wide leather belt. If you try that, it'll probably either cut into the belt or you risk bending/breaking it.
    Eitherway, the lanyard is great to use on a belt, the clip is great to have the light sit in my pocket. I wouldn't want a thicket or heavier clip on that light, but you could probably put two small spacers on it so it'll widen up for belt usage.

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    Which -production- LED have decent clips ?
    All SureFire LED models that come equipped with clips. (Except for their LX2 model.)

My L1 is my main light. Clip is excellent.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I'm not a clip-snob as I dont hardly ever use the clips on any of my lights anyway, so the only problem I've noticed is that there's really no point in putting a clip on an 18650 sized light, because its too big to be clipped onto a pocket anyway. Aside from that, I dont like the clip on my new-ish Jetbeam PC-10. I got the light about 6 weeks ago, and the clip can be installed in 2 places, pointing in either direction, but the way I wanet it pointed, towards the head, causes the end up the clip to rub up against the bezel, which you have to twist to get to turbo mode, and it makes it difficult to twist and scratches the anodizing.

I've removed the clips from 1/2 of my lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12