Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try the Bronte Tu10 Ti?

Default Anyone try the Bronte Tu10 Ti?

I'm strongly considering this as a candidate to collect as a Ti light in 18650 format.

Anyone have any experience with this light and comments thereof? Josh, I'm looking at you

http://www.brontelight.com/Products-show.asp?id=101

Last edited by Ualnosaj; 06-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Default Re: Anyone try the Bronte Tu10 Ti?

(deleted)
    Last edited by shelm; 06-22-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: am drunk, having a beer too much

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    lol

( sorry, couldnt resist. good luck with bronte brand )
    Hmmm... I'm missing the joke here. Are they bad? Is it a terrible play on words I'm not getting?

(deleted)
    Last edited by shelm; 06-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.

i detest the idea of investing expensive money in products whose companies cease to exist after 2 years. imo this brand wont be around any longer after 2013/14 because i dont believe that it is a strong brand. from what i can tell i find their products rather irrelevant and meh. the strong will survive, maglite, surefire, fenix, xeno, and a few others, but the small and weak will perish. if you knew that the brand would be gone from the market in 2014, would you still want to invest 100 bucks in their 2012 products? it's just me though.

or maybe i should drink less beer on Friday nights..
    Would that really matter much? Apart from a replacement spring or clicky, you wouldn't really need them after buying and the warranty has expired... It's not like you need yearly add-ons or service from them.

I would but only for the fact it's a Ti 18650. I would not touch their standard lights because they do appear "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Ualnosaj View Post
    I'm strongly considering this as a candidate to collect as a Ti light in 18650 format.

Anyone have any experience with this light and comments thereof? Josh, I'm looking at you

http://www.brontelight.com/Products-show.asp?id=101

Looking at the photo, what are 'twin anti-seismic springs' ? Bizarre specs always make me suspicious about a brand.
    Malo odiat lux (Latin proverb - Evil hates light)

(deleted)
    Last edited by shelm; 06-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.

If this light was made out of aluminum, you would probably confuse it with an Ultrafire clone, laugh about it, and then move on.
    Yep. It's purely for the Ti in 18650 format. This seems like one of the better looking ones.

[QUOTE=Ualnosaj;3971365]Yep. It's purely for the Ti in 18650 format. This seems like one of the better looking ones.

Sounds like you dont care about the overall internal quality and are willing to replace possible week links in the operation of the light.Then as a TI host goes it looks OK to me.Good luck and enjoy your light.
    Personally i would rather pay 150 bucks on a well built alluminum light.
    Union Proud IBEW Local 683

[QUOTE=fishndad;3971369]
    Yep. It's purely for the Ti in 18650 format. This seems like one of the better looking ones.

Sounds like you dont care about the overall internal quality and are willing to replace possible week links in the operation of the light.Then as a TI host goes it looks OK to me.Good luck and enjoy your light.
    Personally i would rather pay 150 bucks on a well built alluminum light.
    Yep purely for the Ti host. I'd do whatever it takes to bring it up to sniff if it does go south. Unless you can recommend an alternative by a more trusted brand? My other thread soliciting ideas came up pretty dry.

I think it looks really good. I know much of Bronte's previous line-up have been basically copies of others designs at an only slightly cheaper price, but this one is actually something innovative on their part. You have to give them some credit for that.

I have done some research on the various manufacturers and Bronte is actually one of the larger factories. Many of the brand names we see are actually manufactured by other factories and exported under brand names marketed by Trading Companies. I have found several of the acual manufacturers through Chinese government export association sources and it is clearly apparent who makes what lights. Not all of them will sell direct or the quantities are so high as to make economically impractical for a small importer. Some of these factories will manufacture to spec and brand the item with any name you want depending on quantities.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

(deleted by shelm)
    Last edited by shelm; 06-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Dont feed the trolls.
    ©2012 Got Lumens?

Not something that I feel is suitable to open discussion.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Yea alot of companies stamp out a product and then ship that to anotherone that puts there spin or name on it.
    this in true in manufacturing of all sorts from paper to steele.
    Union Proud IBEW Local 683

would really like to see these in real life

Quote Originally Posted by fishndad View Post
    Yea alot of companies stamp out a product and then ship that to anotherone that puts there spin or name on it.
    this in true in manufacturing of all sorts from paper to steele.

same with knives and some guns as well

Unenlightened

Got one today! Been wanting to get my first titanium-light for a while and this one seemed like a good candidate. Since being my first, even the first I have ever been holding in my hand, I'm happy. I like the titanium-feel...
    First I was a bit skeptic for the titanium tailbutton, after been reading about the problems with V10R Ti+, but it seems to be quite ok, at least it doesn't grind all that much.. and at least it's forward-clicky!
    Having four modes is good enough, although I could manage without the strobe.
    I tried it with the 16340s and with 18650, which I have inside it now, and didn't see much difference in the brightness.
    The light has a memory function, so it should return to the previously used mode after 3-5 seconds pause between the button presses, but in my light this seems to take a longer time, much longer... actually couple minutes longer...
    The threads are square-cut, but still seem to be a bit difficult to get going sometimes, I don't know if this is normal with the material or what, but in my aluminium-lights they seem to "glide" better.
    But considering the price, I'm happy with the Bronte being my introduction to titanium-lights and the problem with the mode-memory isn't really that bad, since I won't be using this light all that much, it will mainly stay on the shelf for show...

How much did you pay (shipped)? And do you have photos to share?

Unenlightened

Actually I paid 71 €, since I forgot to check for some discountcodes...
    And no, I don't have any pics to share right now, but it is exatly as in the pictures at DD... I promise!

Does the light have PWM?

Dinodirect ..

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Does the light have PWM?
    Don't know. Not visible, at least not to me... But I'm just a beginner!

I usually point it at a spinning fan while I'm cycling through the modes.
    Some lights only use PWM for certain modes - usually the lower ones.

Unenlightened

Actually after looking through the modes with my iPhone, it does seem to have some PWM. No as much as some of my lights, but it's there... Doesn't really bother me though!

How do you like the beam (profile, tint, ..)?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier :P I haven't tried one of these, but I might get the opportunity to review it in the future.

My first few lights I got from Bronte were just pretty average, a good chance to get a light with good specs at a good price. However, the last two I reviewed from them, the RC25S and X20, were actually very impressive. Internally, the build quality seems just as good as many other more popular manufacturers, and the way they incorporated the side switch in the UI was very skillfully done. The RC25S has joined my frequent use cycle, which is fairly tough for a light to get in to. Will Bronte be around in a few years? I don't know, but if they fall off, it seems it will be more because of lack of marketing than lack of quality in their lights.

Unenlightened

How do you like the beam (profile, tint, ..)?
    I haven't been able to do very extensive tests, but I have the Klarus XT11 which I've been comparing it to. The Klarus is a bit brighter, but at least mine has a bit more blueish tint compared to the Bronte, only a hint, though... I like the more neutral tint of Bronte, since otherwise the beam profiles seem quite similar.

My review of this light is now up:

Bronte TU10-Ti Titanium & X03 (XM-L U2 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS+

It's a solid titanium build (good threads and boot cover on my sample). And the circuit has remarkably similar performance to the Klarus RS11, as you will see in the review. But the user interface is unfortunately the standard "budget" style with strobe in the main sequence (i.e., unavoidable if you want to go back to the low modes).

Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Fenix LD60.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast