How does the Eagletac D25A/C change mode groups?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
So tighten to get turbo/strobe and loosen to get the other three+blinky. My D25C Ti works fine but the D25A Ti doesn't go turbo unless it's excessively tight or I bend the head slightly in a certain direction. Before sending it back to LJ for DOA return (waiting for answer for return postage), I'd like to see if I can tweak it.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Had an issue with reg d25c2 which would only go on turbo, I think it may have been too much lube on the threads, after i cleaned everything and relubed it has been working.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Thanks. It defaults to low so how would it be locked on turbo (full tight)? I'm trying to understand that part...

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Well, after cleaning (didn't fix it) and mucking around with the pill position, it now goes into turbo. In a nutshell I pushed hard on the opposite side I need to bend the head in order to engage turbo. Contemplating sending it back if it goes wonky again in the next few days...

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like the head is bottoming out against the body before the body makes contact with copper circuit ring on the Pill. Does the gap between the head and body completely disappear when you screw it all the way in?

What battery are you using? Extra long batteries could be a problem as well. Some 14500s are too long. If that gap is bigger with the battery in than no battery at all, its the battery. If its doing it with an standard alkaline or eneloop its a tolerance issue with the light.

I'd say send it back, unless its an unsupported battery issue.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I'm using the standard GP alkaline it comes with. Eneloops are a no go either but it works now though after my futzing around.