Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, so much for Incan support from SureFire

Default Re: Well, so much for Incan support from SureFire

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    Exactly!!!! Justin, you are being awfully short sighted.
    Short sighted? Who is the one that needs lamps that have been discontinued and who should have purchased a supply before SF got out of the incan segment? It was well-known that they were exiting the incan business for many months prior. For my orphan SF 8NX, I have plenty of X80 lamps and B90 battery sticks because I planned ahead. SF gave you good advice at this late date, which you don't seem to want to accept. Find the N3 in the retail market. I conducted a simple web search and found a ready source for the N3 lamp, just as SF suggested, and at $20 less than SF's retail price. Of course, if you keep dithering, you'll miss the boat again.

Regardless, it is a reality of business that products eventually reach their end of life. It's called obsolescence. Expecting an infinite supply of spare parts is simply unrealistic. I certainly don't expect Texas Instruments to keep an inventory of BP-1A battery packs for my old TI-59 calculator, nor Sony to keep cranking out 1.44MB 3.5" floppy diskettes.

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    But if SF's stopped making N3s, you won't have an OEM option once the supply current out there gets used up.
    Well, better stock up now then so that you can start complaining again in 20 years because SF stopped making the N3 lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Short sighted? Who is the one that needs lamps that have been discontinued and who should have purchased a supply before SF got out of the incan segment? It was well-known that they were exiting the incan business for many months prior. For my orphan SF 8NX, I have plenty of X80 lamps and B90 battery sticks because I planned ahead. SF gave you good advice at this late date, which you don't seem to want to accept. Find the N3 in the retail market. I conducted a simple web search and found a ready source for the N3 lamp, just as SF suggested, and at $20 less than SF's retail price. Of course, if you keep dithering, you'll miss the boat again.

I guess the "window of opportunity" is even smaller for those of us that only recently acquired aging SF incandescent designs... there will always be the potential for enterprising enthusiasts/machinists to offer an aftermarket solution though there would be no guarantee that will always involve an incandescent component
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Quote Originally Posted by M@elstrom View Post
    I guess the "window of opportunity" is even smaller for those of us that only recently acquired aging SF incandescent designs... there will always be the potential for enterprising enthusiasts/machinists to offer an aftermarket solution though there would be no guarantee that will always involve an incandescent component
    LOL! Slap a Nailbender in it and call it a day!

Justin,

You sure do assume alot, don't you. You ASSUME I don't have enough lamps for my 9AN/9ANT. You know what happens when you assume? I have plenty, but did you maybe think that this was to test the waters about ongoing support for us incan lovers?

And BTW, yes throwing an LED conversion into an incan will keep it going, but then it's not an incan anymore, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post

Regardless, it is a reality of business that products eventually reach their end of life. It's called obsolescence. Expecting an infinite supply of spare parts is simply unrealistic. I certainly don't expect Texas Instruments to keep an inventory of BP-1A battery packs for my old TI-59 calculator, nor Sony to keep cranking out 1.44MB 3.5" floppy diskettes.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    I have plenty, but did you maybe think that this was to test the waters about ongoing support for us incan lovers?

Of course you do and of course you were.

Thread has served it purpose, questions were asked, questions were answered. Good info given and some of that taken and not taken. It is now becoming a diversive thread that is starting to lead to impolite posts.

Bill