BlackShadow
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Dropped my ready made on the flight line today and proceeded to trip over it. got some battle scars now. Funny thing is, its the only flashlight i own that I'm not upset about getting dinged up. Interesting considering its the only "custom"i own.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/4bc1272d.jpg
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/a39b01a3.jpg

-Alex

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
    See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 09-19-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    -Alex

Default Re: Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Charater marks is what they are

Quote Originally Posted by climberkid View Post
    Dropped my ready made on the flight line today and proceeded to trip over it. got some battle scars now. Funny thing is, its the only flashlight i own that I'm not upset about getting dinged up. Interesting considering its the only "custom"i own.

-Alex
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Unenlightened

Your alpha light looks pretty sweet! Any short videos or pics of how effective it is at night?

Last edited by Sparky's Magic; 08-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.

A quick shot of my Alpha :

Inside the working end :

My nicest aluminium light for sure!
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post

Inside the working end :

Thanks for sharing!

Is that blue GITD around the emitter?
    Salving Light in a Bastion of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Is that blue GITD around the emitter?
    Yep, blue GITD...

I was getting tired of the usual green and a friend gifted me some blue and aqua tape and I love it!

Each light, which has some space between the emitter and the base of the reflector should have some GITD applied. Most modern emitters like XPG & XML offer this space.

My Alpha is all blue now as I got a blue cap from Jason as well. Unfortunately, I applied the ice-blue/red trit scheme before I knew that it would be an all blue light, I'd have put ice-blue only trits in the slots. Trits can be removed, but it is a hazardous operation, for the trits themselves and on an aluminum light without much doubt for the slot as well. The red touch is not that bad though...
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

...More, please, anyone?

Flashaholic

Yep, blue GITD...

I was getting tired of the usual green and a friend gifted me some blue and aqua tape and I love it!

Each light, which has some space between the emitter and the base of the reflector should have some GITD applied. Most modern emitters like XPG & XML offer this space.

My Alpha is all blue now as I got a blue cap from Jason as well. Unfortunately, I applied the ice-blue/red trit scheme before I knew that it would be an all blue light, I'd have put ice-blue only trits in the slots. Trits can be removed, but it is a hazardous operation, for the trits themselves and on an aluminum light without much doubt for the slot as well. The red touch is not that bad though...
    Forgive my ignorance but how do you get that blue gitd effect around the emitter? It looks awesome

Inside the working end :

Who did the trit work? That is a stunner. I love the reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by apache blue View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but how do you get that blue gitd effect around the emitter? It looks awesome
    You take the o-ring over the lens out, than the lens followed by the reflector and you put some GITD stuff around the (base of the) emitter. Reassemble and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleznak View Post
    Jason did the trit slots and I installed the trits...

Quote Originally Posted by dbleznak View Post
    Jason installs the trits himself. You can check out his blog, or contact him to work something out.

Where would one get some of the blue GITD to do this?

, more photos, please.
    Last edited by Sparky's Magic; 09-01-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky's Magic View Post
    , more photos, please.

I second this!!! I'm going to be ordering one of these SOON (I talked the gf into getting me one of these for Christmas ) I can't decide which finish to get though! I like them all

Quote Originally Posted by huntz362 View Post
    I second this!!! I'm going to be ordering one of these SOON (I talked the gf into getting me one of these for Christmas ) I can't decide which finish to get though! I like them all
    Yes! They are all beautifully finished but I think the 'Blasted and Polished' is excellent.

I did some driver programming for a fellow forum members Alpha series and wanted to show the "moonlight" low mode:

The quad dies of that MCE look so neat glowing in the boom reflector. Perfect level for navigating through the house at night. Now I need one!

Frank

Thats a great mod! I use moonlight on other lights, but I'm not sure if id like it with the mce. Can you tell how nice the beam actually is in such a low mode?

-Alex
    -Alex

Thats a great mod! I use moonlight on other lights, but I'm not sure if id like it with the mce. Can you tell how nice the beam actually is in such a low mode?

-Alex
    Thanks Alex. Yes you can, its very nice when your eyes are night adapted in moderate darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flucero28 View Post
    Thanks Alex. Yes you can, its very nice when your eyes are night adapted in moderate darkness.
    What is the predicted lumen level of the low mode? What power setting did you program it to?
    -Alex

What is the predicted lumen level of the low mode? What power setting did you program it to?
    It must be a lumen or less, if the camera can focus directly on the emitter and reflector like that.

I only ask because when I fly at night even .1 and .4 lumens is bright when I'm trying to do my job. And I dont want to blind the pilots when I'm talking to them.
    -Alex

I only ask because when I fly at night even .1 and .4 lumens is bright when I'm trying to do my job. And I dont want to blind the pilots when I'm talking to them.
    In that case, you might want to get a dedicated moonlight like an Eiger Sub-Zero, or an infinitely adjustable light with a really low minimum setting, like the Jetbeam TC-R1. They're not customs, but I've generally found that moonlight works better as a separate light (or at least one that always starts on the lowest setting, like the TC-R1). The reason is partly because you can't accidentally leave a dedicated moonlight on the wrong setting and blind everyone, and partly because circuitry that has a wide range of brightness settings tends to show significant inefficiency on the lowest setting. A Pak-Lite will run for a month on its low setting, and an Eiger Sub-Zero can run for a few days on an AAA, but you'll never get anywhere near that efficiency from a moonlight setting on a multi-mode light.

I can make it always start on low mode also : )

Default Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Two-tone.

Double-post. Sorry..

McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Jason hooked me up with some blue so I could make my Ready Made a little cooler. I love it! This light is getting a lot more use than I expected it would when I bought it.

McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Jason hooked me up with some blue so I could make my Ready Made a little cooler. I love it! This light is getting a lot more use than I expected it would when I bought it.

Hehe that's what I did!
    -Alex

Flashaholic*

hi - side question.

could I ask, on his site he mentions that normal cheap LEDs have the blueish red-ish tint and he has the best tints, and LEDS unlike cheaper manufacturers maybe as FENIX with their XM-L T6 3C, and his MCE easily out performs XML.

I like the MCE in say 4000k Neutral warmish white.

at the moment i have a PD32UE. would there be a remarkable difference, really in neutral anyway?.

really like his site.
    thanks.
    Last edited by neutralwhite; 12-19-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    HDS Systems EDC Executive Clicky " Nichia 219B, Prometheus Beta 'QR' HAIII, SUREFIRE 6P (ET Sportac "triple" nichia p60 drop in).