MAGLITE MINI MAGLITE AA LED PRO+ IN THE UK?

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
I've decided I want to buy a Maglite Mini Maglite AA LED Pro+ to add to my collection.

And what a wild goose chase its proving to be.

First off, a search on the Internet.

Amazon UK-NO, Heinnie Haynes-NO, All Outdoor-NO, eBay UK UK Dealers...NO (US Dealers YES...)

Then a phone call to Burton McCall, the UK Maglite importer and distributor.

I'm assured there is stock but they cannot supply anybody without a trade account-which is understandable.

I gave All Outdoor (a MAJOR Maglite stockist where they trade from a shop premesis and even stock spares for Maglites the latter being an achievement in itself here in the UK...!) a ring and the gentleman I spoke to was helpful but he neither had nor did he know when he was going to receive stock.

Then a conversation with Amazon UK-the representative wasn't entirely sure what I was referring to.

Ad I left that with a "Thanks very much!" and gave up.

What I can't understand is the fact that NOBODY IN THE UK appears to have ANY Maglite AA LED Pro+'s in stock.

Yet I can purchase from several dealer in the States via eBay without a problem.

Most annoying is the fact that the older 'Multi Mode' AA LED version is available almost everywhere in the UK.

As I think multiple modes are gimmicky and unsuited for torch use I have no intentions at all of purchasing one.

Besides the LED is less bright, there have been reliability issues and as a result it is one of the very few Maglite designs I'm going to pass on.

(The others are the XL-Series again with multi mode operation,having to wave the torch around to change 'modes' and AAA battery power, another NO NO almost as bad as CR123A's!)

The Pro and the Pro+ seem to have got back to common sense, with only the Pro+ having a mode option at all, though changing this is gimmicky IMHO

I've emailed Burton McCall, Amazon UK and Mag Instruments.

And I'm awaiting their respective replies.

In the meantime if anybody here has any clues or solutions then I'll be very interested.

Thanks very much.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pro was certainly available on ebay from the US with reasonable shipping costs last time I checked.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
A little update.

STILL NOTHING!

Banging my head up against a brick wall.

Next thing I'll be hearing is "Only to special order as nobody buys them"

We can't buy what isn't there!

donn_

Flashaholic
See if you can get a line on one of member download's minimag XP-G drop-ins. They are excellent products, and most certainly better than anything Maglite would sell.

etherealshade

Enlightened
Heinnie have them now. Unfortunately they've only got the Pro in stock, as the Pro+ is on backorder. Might be worth giving them another ring though, as they may have some coming.