Question.. Regarding Surefire Products, And BSTing

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
When Surefire makes the switch.. and only deals thru B&M companies aside from thru themselves, and some of the amazing bargains on their lights are gone,
will you still sell your Surefires for generous prices you'd sell them for currently?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on what I'm selling.
I can sell you something I've had for quite a while and haven't used in a while at a fairly good price as it's just collecting dust.
On the other hand, if it's a fairly new product fresh to the market, in very good condition and I still don't use it, I'm not going to take a hit on it just to be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just my opinion,
Jason

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS. SF 6P rare USA model. LNIB $250
FS. SF 6P rare silver finish. Good condition, in box. $150
Let me see what else I have running around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Question.. Regarding Surefire Products, And BS

Guys,

B&M will still be selling through catalogs I would guess and there will still be competition. I don't understand the rational behind some of SF's marketing but I'm not on their list of people who need to know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif With B&M's like Botech around, I would guess that deals will still be had. It may require a phone call instead of a shopping cart but I think discounts are still to be had. JMHO and why wait for the reality when we can go what if now?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

After the meteor takes off half the planets surface, I wonder if the price of 123's will be effected? I know, I should start my own thread.......

Just ribbing here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

Greta

Flashaholic

What if bullfrogs had wings?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

then maybe jaremiah was drinking redbull the whole time! the whole wine lyric was just a ploy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif You're kidding right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened

Said it before, but I think when the imports start getting better, and can get the bulbs, it will be a different world for Surefire. They will still have the name and cache of being expensive and well known, but there is a lot of open market space out there now. Why other companies don't make an E2e copy is beyond me. If anybody made something comparable I would have one for back up. A few years ago Benchmade knives made a big deal about only dealing with a few "select" dealers and that went out the door.

Competion makes everything better.

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Atomic6 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif You're kidding right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if they did... they wouldn't bump their *** all the time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tomas

Banned

Like many other companies they are probably trying to protect their B&M dealers to some extent from the internet dealers who may have lower overhead.

Even my favorite computer dealer has interesting wrinkles and twists in it's contracts with vendors ...

"Xxxxx Xxx Electronics is an Authorized Xxxxx Reseller and Service Provider. Due to contract limitations imposed by Xxxxx, sales of New Xxxxx Products on the Internet is limited to current customers of Xxxxx Xxx Electronics. If you are not a current customer with a user name and log-on password, please visit our Xxxxxx, Vermont location."

In other words "current customers" can buy in person (B&M) or on the internet. "New customers" can only buy Xxxxx computers at the B&M computer store. This is apparently to prevent this large dealer from running other B&M dealers out of their own geographical markets by undercutting them or offering added goodies to sweeten the pot.

(What this dealer is also *not* allowed to tell you is that if you buy a cheap anything from them you become an established customer and can then buy those computers at their special deal prices on your next order ... There really are ways around most such policies.)