I believe I ruined my silver ultrafire 900mah 14500s
The first battery I used till the protection kicked in twice. The cell read 2.8v when I pulled it out. When I got home and checked it again it went up to 3.2v. I charged it and the green light goes on when the cell hits 3.8v. From what I have read here I believe the battery went to sleep, Am I rite? And should I try to parallel it with a 18650? Or should I recycle/toss it and buy some aw 14500s.
The second battery I was charging the green light went on I pulled it off, and went to check the voltage. Just a minute ago I was measuring the amp draw on my peak el capitan 1.5 amps. Any way I forgot to switch the lead back to volt ohm. When I touched leads to the battery nothing happened on the meter but a little bit of smoke came off end of the leads. When I did check the voltage it was at 4.1v. Now hears the kicker, the first battery lights up my light nice and bright, about twice as bright an alkaline.The battery I shorted lights up my light to about the same brightness and a alkaline. Should I just recycle it?
I plan on getting some AW protected 14500's Is there a better choice in cells? Should I get IMR's? What are the best lithium rechargeable?
Thanks in advance.