Look what I just got in the mail!

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
What could it be? A flashlight, or perhaps an elegant weapon for a more civilized age?:naughty:

http://i.imgur.com/fH1bNh.jpg

I'll update later since I am about to head into my attic. The only dark place in my house at 2pm in the afternoon!

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
You have made me all the more excited now...I can not wait for mine to arrive!

And it would have looked good as a light cycle baton in Tron (reminds me of a hyper spanner too). :grin2:

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
You have made me all the more excited now...I can not wait for mine to arrive!

And it would have looked good as a light cycle baton in Tron (reminds me of a hyper spanner too). :grin2:

+1, mine should be here Monday, a blue series blasted/polished with 5 ice blue trits around the tail. :cool:

You guys really won't be disappointed. This is hands down the most amazing light I have ever owned. I used to see flashlights as XXX Lumens, YYY Runtime only, but after handling one of these lights, you begin to realize that there is so much more that goes into one of these custom lights. It is very similar to a nice swiss watch. You start appreciating the reflector, the switch, the UI, the heat management, the ergonomics, the materials etc.. It's really been such a pleasure to take my Alpha on walks at night. The XML in neutral white is also the best XML tint I have ever come across. Not a single trace of green on any of the modes.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Mine's a Blue Lable full brushed. Not sure when it will arrive, as im in the UK (customs better keep their hands off)!

And I have quite a few swiss watches, and I know what you mean. I have watches that can do all sorts of things...but nothing beat's a well made simple piece. Good idea, simple solid construction, premium materials and great construction always win out for me in most things....which is why I bought the Alpha, to have that same quality in one of my lights.

I hope it turns up soon! :twothumbs

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Its here! Was waiting for me when I got back from work :twothumbs

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Some of my others bow their head's at the new master.
Haven't had time to even use it yet, just took some quick (not great) pictures.

It is beautiful to just hold in the hand...a perfect fit and grip. Just need to try it out a bit now. Just glad it is here now, faster than I expected.

Thanks Jason!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Mine too!!!

Man is it easier getting out of bed Monday morning knowing you have a sweet light coming in the mail?

This thing is sweet, had Jason epoxy 5 trits in the TC. :cool:

More later, my goodness this is a nice light..... :drool:

The Blue EL USB Charging cord is sweet too!!!

e9a970fc.jpg

f58dc443.jpg

2e402075.jpg

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
That charging cable is sweet. I had already ordered mine though. I might have to get one anyway.
And im going to have to get some trit's put in I think!

It made Monday morning easier for me to, but what do I look forward to now on Tuesday....I get to play with my Alpha when I get home! :D

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I am not brave enough yet to take it to work! Too new and shinny for now.
There are places here that if you drop it, you will not get it back...ever.

So it will be used for some late night dog walking, and then camping for now :grin2:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been following threads on this for a while ... need to check this one out first hand at some point for sure. My cash is spoken for now for this month though

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait till you get home??

I'm headed to work with it clipped to my slacks!! :D

Love this light.

PSM - it's your fault!! :D (And the fault of all the cool stuff posted on Jason's site...) It's not enough that I just ordered another, shall we say, 'expensive' custom light. After reading all this good stuff and the stuff on the site, I had to have one, too, in hopes of getting it before Jason heads off for his vacation. Now the wait, oh, the wait.....:popcorn:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Oh just wait!! You'll be happy, this light is special. The whole package is amazing. The machining, the 4500K MCE, the blue O-rings, matching blue TC, the size of the light. The clip is perfect, the finish. Cant find any cons to this light.

I know its just a UCL, my goodness I swore my light was shipped without a lens!! But its there!! :D

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm talking with Jason right now getting my order finalized and shipped out before he leaves. Blue label with a mce 4500 master package. First custom light since joining CPF in 2008.

-Alex

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm talking with Jason right now getting my order finalized and shipped out before he leaves. Blue label with a mce 4500 master package. First custom light since joining CPF in 2008.

-Alex

Nice choice...exactly what I ordered! Mine should arrive tomorrow or Monday at the latest - it's in the "mail stream!"

Congrats!

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been eyeing one of these recently. Thinking about ordering a stock light and then getting a custom when Jason gets back. The Stonewash finish looks pretty sweet.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I like how he does his polished version. He blasts the lights with fine and then finer media, and finishes with walnut shells.

The result looks polished, but a real fine stonewashed finish. It is sweet.

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
After speaking to Jason for a while we decided that the ready made model would work for me. I ordered the master package and was able to upgrade to the blue fluorocilicone orings. It shipped today!

-Alex