Eagtac D25m Ti Twisty Freezer Test

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
A backpacking CPF member contacted me saying his D25A Ti clicky doesn't turn on in cold weather. Apparently they go hiking in cold conditions, colder than my 30 degree freezer so he asked if I would put my twisty version in there and see if it turns on. I pulled it out after 30 minutes, it was nice n frosty but worked great! Anyone else have any issues with lights not turning on in the cold? I've heard li-ions don't hold up well in the cold, but he had tried alkaline and lithium primaries. Here area couple of pics:

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

TweakMDS

Enlightened
"Cool" :D

For people planning to visit extremely cold weather, simply put a spare battery in your pants pocket, or anywhere close to your body. It's what I do with my camera batteries and works well.
We don't get polar temperatures here in the Netherlands, but there's been quite a few days where we had < -15 degrees Celcius and I was out taking pics of the snow. There's not a lot of batteries that enjoy that, and even when the light would turn on, it's battery life is only like 10% of the normal.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's battery life is only like 10% of the normal.
:eek:

I have similar experience with another smaller torch (ITP A3 Ti) on Protected 10440 LiIon's where i did runtime tests with snow wrapped around the A3. Super short runtimes until the protection kicked in!

Thanks ESC for the great contributions and photos!
I am suffering everyday .. the mailman hasnt delivered the package yet. More days to count.. argh.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
A backpacking CPF member contacted me saying his D25A Ti clicky doesn't turn on in cold weather. Apparently they go hiking in cold conditions, colder than my 30 degree freezer so he asked if I would put my twisty version in there and see if it turns on. I pulled it out after 30 minutes, it was nice n frosty but worked great! Anyone else have any issues with lights not turning on in the cold?

Well I stuck an energizer L91 Li 1.7v Primary in my D25A Ti clicky and into the freezer for 33min and it works just fine. Dang its hard to hold with bare hands though.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
I got no condensation whatsoever. After running the light for about a minute id say it was fully thawed out . No fog behind the glass at all ( i was surprised)

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
D25A Ti clicky FAIL

I am the member with the problem D25A Ti Clickly. On the second day after opening, I had left it near an open window overnight. I live in California, so it only got into the 50s overnight. But, the light would not go on. It had a new Energizer L91 lithium primary, and would not work on either high or normal. Only after fiddling with it, and warming it with my hand did it begin to function, haltingly at first, then regularlly after it got warmed up. So, to test the theory that slight cold made the light malfunction, I put it in the refrigerator (not freezer) for about 10 minutes. Sure enough, it did not turn on at all, at any level, until it was warmed up to room temperature again. Then, I put two different types of new batteries, and repeated the test, each time it failed to function.

At that point, I sent an e-mail to the factory customer service. They checked with an in house engineer, and then related to me that sometimes the circutry is bad and to send it back to be fixed, which I am doing. Oh well, guess that I just got a bad one. And such a beautiful light. I have three other Eagletac lights, all the M2C4 series, and they have functioned flawlessly over the past year and a half.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D25A Ti clicky FAIL

okok, will do the refrigerator test too when i finally receive the D25A clicky ti in the mail.

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
Re: D25A Ti clicky FAIL

At that point, I sent an e-mail to the factory customer service. They checked with an in house engineer, and then related to me that sometimes the circutry is bad and to send it back to be fixed, which I am doing. Oh well, guess that I just got a bad one. And such a beautiful light. I have three other Eagletac lights, all the M2C4 series, and they have functioned flawlessly over the past year and a half.

Send it back to be fixed????? I would expect an immediate return of your defective light and an immediate replacement.