BlackShadow

Thread: Single level AA for girlfriend

Default Single level AA for girlfriend

I'm looking for a single level aa light my girlfriend can put on her keychain. I want it to be bright and durable, I'd buy her a arc aaa but that's not bright enough. Needs to be one level probably a twisty or she probably won't carry it.... Can't find anything that really fits what I'm looking for.

Default Re: Single level AA for girlfriend

What about something from Peak? I'm not that knowledgeable about their current lineup, but they specialize in very durable single level twisties. Have a poke about in their subforum and maybe talk to member DumDum, who is their main sales rep now I think.

Eiger for AAA is quite bright, El Cap or Logan 17500 if you'd rather go with AA
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Arrow Re: Single level AA for girlfriend

You sure she wouldn't like the Thrunite Ti models? Even though they are 2-mode (there's the 0.04/60 lumen "firefly'" or the 3/60 lumen model). What's nice about these is that you don't have to twist back & forth to change modes ... just keep twisting and the brighter mode comes on. And for $16, you can't beat the quality.

ὁ θεὸς φῶς ἐστιν

Enlightened

How about the Klarus mi x6? Yes, it is a multimode twisty but it's initial turn on mode is medium at 26 lumens.

ThruNite Ti. There's zero learning curve.

Flashaholic*

A brass Peak AAA Eiger. A little Brasso and there's nothing prettier. Plenty bright. With a lug body it's not too heavy for keychain carry.
    Peakaholic!

Single AA might be a bit large for keychaining, but knowing ladies and their purses, she might have enough space for it. I personally like the EagleTac D25A mini's size a lot for that purpose, and the Titanium version can still be found. The interface could be too complicated initially, so otherwise the Thrunite Ti firefly model could be a nice alternative.
    Small footnote: non-flashaholics don't normally value the use of a moonlight mode, so might initially prefer the 60/3 model.

Another option could be the Fenix E05 or E01. Very unexciting lights, but they do what they should without offering a battery draining high lumen mode that she might never need but will still use because a light might default to that.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by TweakMDS View Post
    Single AA might be a bit large for keychaining, but knowing ladies and their purses, she might have enough space for it. I personally like the EagleTac D25A mini's size a lot for that purpose, and the Titanium version can still be found. The interface could be too complicated initially, so otherwise the Thrunite Ti firefly model could be a nice alternative.
    Small footnote: non-flashaholics don't normally value the use of a moonlight mode, so might initially prefer the 60/3 model.

Another option could be the Fenix E05 or E01. Very unexciting lights, but they do what they should without offering a battery draining high lumen mode that she might never need but will still use because a light might default to that.

I have a olight i3. it's a aaa but i've had it for a few months now and still on the same battey. 3 modes. 70 lumens is enough to light up the entire mid size backyard when in complete darkness. and they come in a range of colours, and are compact. i love it. they have an aa option too. "i2" i think. about $20 incl postage from ebay.

How about the jetbeam e3s? Looks to be a twisty, 2 modes, bright, and AA powered. It looks nice and it's the one flashlight that I showed my gf which she liked.

As others have said though, an AA might be too big for a keychain light.

Quote Originally Posted by stona View Post
    How about the jetbeam e3s? Looks to be a twisty, 2 modes, bright, and AA powered. It looks nice and it's the one flashlight that I showed my gf which she liked.

As others have said though, an AA might be too big for a keychain light.
    The JETBeam E3S/E3P is a really nice torch (forward clicky on/off, BTW, with twist to change between high/low) ... a little heavy for a keychain though - (IMHO, of course).
    Last edited by archimedes; 07-01-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Danielight View Post
    You sure she wouldn't like the Thrunite Ti models? Even though they are 2-mode (there's the 0.04/60 lumen "firefly'" or the 3/60 lumen model). What's nice about these is that you don't have to twist back & forth to change modes ... just keep twisting and the brighter mode comes on. And for $16, you can't beat the quality.
    +1

my $5 promo ti came in the mail this week and my wife wouldnt stop nagging me until I put it on HER keyring lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I ended up with the Thrunite Ti.

It's a good light and it's sized well to carry on a keychain without being obtrusive. She should be happy with it.