Single level AA for girlfriend

Enlightened
I'm looking for a single level aa light my girlfriend can put on her keychain. I want it to be bright and durable, I'd buy her a arc aaa but that's not bright enough. Needs to be one level probably a twisty or she probably won't carry it.... Can't find anything that really fits what I'm looking for.

nbp

Flashaholic
What about something from Peak? I'm not that knowledgeable about their current lineup, but they specialize in very durable single level twisties. Have a poke about in their subforum and maybe talk to member DumDum, who is their main sales rep now I think.

Danielight

Enlightened
You sure she wouldn't like the Thrunite Ti models? Even though they are 2-mode (there's the 0.04/60 lumen "firefly'" or the 3/60 lumen model). What's nice about these is that you don't have to twist back & forth to change modes ... just keep twisting and the brighter mode comes on. And for $16, you can't beat the quality.

bwm

Newly Enlightened
How about the Klarus mi x6? Yes, it is a multimode twisty but it's initial turn on mode is medium at 26 lumens.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
A brass Peak AAA Eiger. A little Brasso and there's nothing prettier. Plenty bright. With a lug body it's not too heavy for keychain carry.
IMG0006-5-1.jpg

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Single AA might be a bit large for keychaining, but knowing ladies and their purses, she might have enough space for it. I personally like the EagleTac D25A mini's size a lot for that purpose, and the Titanium version can still be found. The interface could be too complicated initially, so otherwise the Thrunite Ti firefly model could be a nice alternative.
Small footnote: non-flashaholics don't normally value the use of a moonlight mode, so might initially prefer the 60/3 model.

Another option could be the Fenix E05 or E01. Very unexciting lights, but they do what they should without offering a battery draining high lumen mode that she might never need but will still use because a light might default to that.

rambo180

Enlightened
Single AA might be a bit large for keychaining, but knowing ladies and their purses, she might have enough space for it. I personally like the EagleTac D25A mini's size a lot for that purpose, and the Titanium version can still be found. The interface could be too complicated initially, so otherwise the Thrunite Ti firefly model could be a nice alternative.
Small footnote: non-flashaholics don't normally value the use of a moonlight mode, so might initially prefer the 60/3 model.

Another option could be the Fenix E05 or E01. Very unexciting lights, but they do what they should without offering a battery draining high lumen mode that she might never need but will still use because a light might default to that.

I have a olight i3. it's a aaa but i've had it for a few months now and still on the same battey. 3 modes. 70 lumens is enough to light up the entire mid size backyard when in complete darkness. and they come in a range of colours, and are compact. i love it. they have an aa option too. "i2" i think. about $20 incl postage from ebay.

stona

Newly Enlightened
How about the jetbeam e3s? Looks to be a twisty, 2 modes, bright, and AA powered. It looks nice and it's the one flashlight that I showed my gf which she liked.

As others have said though, an AA might be too big for a keychain light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
How about the jetbeam e3s? Looks to be a twisty, 2 modes, bright, and AA powered. It looks nice and it's the one flashlight that I showed my gf which she liked.

As others have said though, an AA might be too big for a keychain light.

The JETBeam E3S/E3P is a really nice torch (forward clicky on/off, BTW, with twist to change between high/low) ... a little heavy for a keychain though :eek: - (IMHO, of course).

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
You sure she wouldn't like the Thrunite Ti models? Even though they are 2-mode (there's the 0.04/60 lumen "firefly'" or the 3/60 lumen model). What's nice about these is that you don't have to twist back & forth to change modes ... just keep twisting and the brighter mode comes on. And for $16, you can't beat the quality.

+1

my $5 promo ti came in the mail this week and my wife wouldnt stop nagging me until I put it on HER keyring lol

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions everyone I ended up with the Thrunite Ti.