Flashlight store in Austin

tadbik

Enlightened
Hi. Can someone recommend a store in Austin Texas that has the carries the range of flashlights we talk about here on the forums? Thanks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. Can someone recommend a store in Austin Texas that has the carries the range of flashlights we talk about here on the forums? Thanks

Oh your best bet is Fenix and Surefire at any outdoor outfitter. Such as REI in Austin http://www.rei.com/stores/32

Most of the rest you see on CPF are web order lights.

the closest I know of that carries many nice lights is Lighthound, south of Houston, 178 miles from Austin.

8201 broadway st pearland tx 77581

Last edited:

tadbik

Enlightened
Thanks. Is LightHound a walk-in store?

Oh your best bet is Fenix and Surefire at any outdoor outfitter. Such as REI in Austin http://www.rei.com/stores/32

Most of the rest you see on CPF are web order lights.

the closest I know of that carries many nice lights is Lighthound, south of Houston, 178 miles from Austin.

8201 broadway st pearland tx 77581

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Yes, Lighthound has a store. I went there a few weeks ago. They're open on Saturday also. It was cool to actually see the store in person. Its cheaper, of course, to order online since gas is more expensive than their shipping charges. Also, you get the CPF discount if you order online and use their discount code.

tadbik

Enlightened
Yeh, thanks for GT. Obviously I was interested in the store cos I've got a friend visiting Austin and it's an opportunity to stock up on some lights without the international shipping .

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't look for a flashlight store.
Look for an outdoor, camping, hiking, sports, or knife store.
They will likely carry Fenix and Surefire but at an extemely overpriced jacked up retail,
compared to the good prices you can get online.
They may only carry old models.
Google you area and you might get lucky.

I have one of the world's largest retail knife stores near me,
they carry some of the newer Fenix lights,
with some being on sale for a decent price.
They even had them on display to try out.
They all had too much of a greenish tint for me.

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened
Independent gun shops also typically care a small selection of other "related" gear such as torches, knives, etc... I am in DFW area of Texas and several of the local gun shops carry Surefire anyway.

A10K

Newly Enlightened
McBride's Guns on 29th and Lamar is an example, they have some Surefires and Streamlights.
(thanks for jogging my memory, Slasher)

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
McBride's Guns on 29th and Lamar is an example, they have some Surefires and Streamlights.
(thanks for jogging my memory, Slasher)

McBride's was going to be my suggestion. Bought my first "real" LED light there - a Fenix TK15 which started the addiction...

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Cabela's (just south of Austin, on I-35) has a nice selection of lights, but only up to the Surefire/Streamlight tier. They don't have any of the custom lights that people discuss here.

TOJ

Newly Enlightened
Does the Lighthound B&M store only carry their rebranded lights or do they have the major brands too?