Show Me Your Anglehead Flashlights

JNieporte

Enlightened
If this belongs in a different sub-forum, then I apologize.

There's no real reason behind this thread; I just want to see photos of what anglehead lights the members here own. The military-issue Fultons immediately come to mind, but please share what you have and some quick impressions of the light. I'll post mine when PhotoBucket is running again.

JNieporte

Enlightened
Fulton from the Army. It's still stock, and I've been looking for an LED bulb...
001-14.jpg

Dorcy. These are $5 at my local Sears, run on three AAAs, and are worlds better than the Fulton.
002-15.jpg

They use a single-mode reverse clicky on the back.
004-14.jpg

Comparison between the two...
003-14.jpg

My daughter got this for me from the dollar store. It runs on two AAs and uses a Krypton bulb.
005-14.jpg

It's not really an anglehead light since it can be positioned in almost any configuration. Normal flashlight...
006-12.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could try the dropin LED bulb from the 2 pack of 1D energizer LED lights at Home Depot on the fulton but on new batteries the dropin is driven hard. I have the $1 2AA incan light and I modded it for a cree LED (wide angle 5mm) You can take out the bulb assembly which is plastic with a wired wheat type bulb and put a 5mm LED in place but you have to position it right. You also need to make the hole larger but I now have a super long running light off nimh and it would be as bright off alkalines and probably even better off lithium AAs.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
16122009137.jpg

The good ole Fenix MC10 ... with a balance mod to help it tail stand

bill7695

Newly Enlightened
I replaced the stock bulb with a Terralux led for 2-3 cell maglights in my Fulton. Wow what a difference! You can't use the screw on plastic retaining ring with the Terrlaux replacement led, but the copper contact strip will hold it in place just fine when you put it back together.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Sure here are mine.

One of the coolest UIs I have ever used. RGB + White + UV. Every LED has its own switch, operated independently of each other with 3 output levels. Lock out switch to prevent accidental turn-on, 2AA in parallel or 1AA.

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just snapped this photo.

a670a2cb.jpg

Clockwise starting on the far left on the back row:
Two identical Fulton MX-991/U both with Nite Ize 1W LED bulbs installed and a 1/2W bulb in the spare bulb holder in the tail
Fulton clone with a Dorcy 1W 2-cell LED drop-in and the body repaired so it only takes 2C cells (I epoxied a sleeve to hold the body together after it almost snapped in half from screwing the tail cap on)
Battery adapter to allow me to use 2 C-cells, 2 18650s, or 2 AA cells in any 2D light. The Nite Ize bulbs are rated from 3V to 9V
Spark SD6 500CW with optional reflector (yes, it's a headlamp, but, it'll do double duty as an angle-head light and it's got a magnet on it, which is what it's sitting on)
Pelican Versa Brite converted to LED using a Dorcy 2-cell LED drop-in.