Why no love for thrunite T21??

jay_rush

Unenlightened
found this light on the thrunite site and cant find reviews on it anywhere, no posts no vids, nothing.
its a tiny 350lm U2 light with firefly and strobe, like the eagletac D25 or RRT01 could probably get to 500/600+ lumens with an RCR. its brighter and smaller than the RRT01.
dam..typing this just sold my self on it lol. anyone have one?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
For my own preference, any light with strobe/SOS/beacon/UFO-signals mode in the main UI is an immediate deal breaker.

bradsystem

Newly Enlightened
hello members,
still no one own this flashlight ?
im thinking about it..
not sure if to choose nitecore ec1 or thrunite t21 :(

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Looks quite nice for the size and price, and 33 grams is nice and light.
Although I'm not so sure about a tiny smooth reflector with an XM-L light. I'd guess that wouldn't have the prettiest beam around and I can't imagine they'd get much throw from it. A LOP would possibly be better. Another issue would be the relatively big gap between moonlight and the low mode of 22lm.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
found this light on the thrunite site and cant find reviews on it anywhere, no posts no vids, nothing.
its a tiny 350lm U2 light with firefly and strobe, like the eagletac D25 or RRT01 could probably get to 500/600+ lumens with an RCR. its brighter and smaller than the RRT01.
dam..typing this just sold my self on it lol. anyone have one?

the light is new just barely released

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
its a cool wee light getting 40 mins on high with eagletac rcr 16340 750mah ,bezel was a bit loose tried tightening but still does not sit flush with body..

Vesper

Enlightened
In all honesty, it's nothing new. The output is good but nothing to get everyone too excited. The memory feature and flashy stuff would keep me away especially.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small smooth reflector + XM-L = ugly beam. Also, it appears to have a conventional twisty switch (like on a Quark mini). I much prefer clicky or magnetic ring switches.

Racer

Enlightened
It looks like maybe it would be a great light, but Thrunite doesn't seem too interested in selling it. Their promotion is pushing the T20 not the T21, and there's not a single review I could find. It would make sense for them to kickstart the process by sending some review samples out, but I'm assuming that if they did that, there would be reviews out there.

At least I did ask them on Facebook and the Marketplace here if they would include the T21 in their Ti giveaway - no answer. I'd probably take a chance on the T21 if it came with a free Ti.

sold365.com

Newly Enlightened
I received my T21 last week and it has a very yellow tinge to the beam, The t20 throws better and is a more neutral white.

coolwiki2013

Newly Enlightened
Some guys have made review of ThruNite T21. It looks sound good.

ThruNite T21

DSC_2726.jpg

Low, #2, #3:

High:

Tree at 15 meters:

Low, #2, #3 with LiIon:

High with LiIon:

Tree at 15 meters with LiIon:

F. Premens

Newly Enlightened
I have the T20 and is a flashlight that suprised me, with liIon is a little canyon.

IMG_20121220_124509.jpg

IMG-20121220-WA0012.jpg

IMG_20121220_124138.jpg

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
XML are prone to have greenish/yellow beam tints in the normal bins. The U2 is particularly showing these bad tints pretty commonly right now in the lights which have them, and also the U3.
T6 is the better bet for decent tint in an XML.

As for the light, there are a variety of similar things at similar prices from Olight, Fenix, etc.
They are all okay, but it's not a new or exciting thing.

Last edited:

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
I bought a T21 which I received on 2012-12-03. I have used it maybe 20 minutes in total, and now it doesn't function properly. Tried all the usual tricks at no avail. I have emailed Thrunite to see how they will handle it.

Edit: Reply from Thrunite:

"Dear customer
this is a little problem about design, try to move the spring so let the negative pole of the battery have a better contact with the spring."

Do they mean the spring doesn't make good contact with the battery tube?

Last edited:

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
i have sent two more emails wit several questions, these are the answers:Answer 1:
"my mean is that the spring did not contact well"

Answer two:
"Dear customer
I am very sorry ,is it true?
in general ,T21 is not likely bad"

This doesn't help me, so I wonder if any T21 owner can help me and check their lighthead? Is the Driver circuit board mounted flush wit the retaining ring, and is there any solder making contact between the two?
On my T21 the retaining ring is about 0,5 mm lower than the driver and I can't see anything making contact between the two. I think the problem is there, not in the battery tube.

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
i have problems too, i have to srew the head on veeery thight to make it put out some light. My T10 can be used one handed, with my T21 need both hands an lots of power :p

jondotcom

Enlightened
I have the T20 and think it is great but I've had problems with energizer lithium cells probably due to the length. It works fine when I use surefire cells or 16340 flames. The best things about these are the good knurling, low-low, and the compactness of the light itself.