Loving the Nichia purple blue haze : )

U

User3451

Hi all I have A fenix E01 but unlike others I got for friends mine has a yellow-ish colour & belive me when I say it aint a nice Colour!
Anyhow unlike most I love the blue/purple light especially against while paper when I'm reading (I do this a lot)
So how can I get a nice new light with the above colour? I'm sure I read it's a GS Nichia LED I need but you can't specify?
Is it just luck on what you get?

Thanks for your input

Oh yeah one other thing Im sure in years to come that purple / blue will be a famous trate good/bad amongst flashlight collectors although I could be very wrong there as I often am : )

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I hope you don't mind me interrupting the chirping crickets?.... LOL

Tint lotto in full effect. Some Nichias are going to be more purple than others in lights like the E01 that doesn't specifically target any color temp.

U

User3451

Interrupt away lol.
Cheers for the reply. I have heard about "The Tint Lotto" before and wondered what it meant probably due to my dyslexia but after your entertaining reply I shall wondering no more.

"Tint lotto in full effect" Love it lol : )

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be honest most 'premium' light makers work hard to eliminate the blue/purple tint. To get something like that you'd probably be best picking up a cheap unregulated 7 LED light at a DIY shop using 5mm LEDs. They pick the cheapest they can, and that normally means getting the ones with the blue/purple tints, they are also often overdriven (due to the lack of regulation) which can enhance the tint.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always by an Arc AAA. I'm with you andy, I like the angry blue!

And welcome to CPF!

U

User3451

To be honest most 'premium' light makers work hard to eliminate the blue/purple tint. To get something like that you'd probably be best picking up a cheap unregulated 7 LED light at a DIY shop using 5mm LEDs. They pick the cheapest they can, and that normally means getting the ones with the blue/purple tints, they are also often overdriven (due to the lack of regulation) which can enhance the tint.

Cheap and I get the tint I want cheers :twothumbs

U

User3451

Well Im glad its not just me loving the angry blue, although I prefer to see it the calming blue lol
Thanks for the wecome I have been a member for a while now but only recently have I been able to spend a bit more time on here so cheers Kelmo.

buds224

Enlightened
Kind of an old thread, but can anyone elaborate on the targeted tint of the smaller nichia lights? I have 3 of them, and all of them are purple/blue in tint. Tint lottery aside, I was under the impression that nichia leds targeted a more neutral color, can anyone confirm this?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Power LEDs and 5MM LEDs are two different things - 5MMs are about cheap, robust light, not tint; blue-violet is the rule. But Nichia makes more than 5MM LEDs, their neutral-tint power LEDs are considered the example of excellent LED color rendition.

buds224

Enlightened
Power LEDs and 5MM LEDs are two different things - 5MMs are about cheap, robust light, not tint; blue-violet is the rule. But Nichia makes more than 5MM LEDs, their neutral-tint power LEDs are considered the example of excellent LED color rendition.

Thanks! That just about sums it up for me :thumbsup:

Latest posts