Storacell

Thread: Please help me figure out my footwell lighting setup

Default Please help me figure out my footwell lighting setup

I just got a 2010 Toyota Camry XLE and I want to do some LED footwell lighting for it and also some cup holder lights, albeit subtle, dim(mer) ones and so on.

I think for specific spot lighting I'm gonna use high flux 5mm LEDs, is that a wise choice?

For the footwell I want a diffuse, subtle warm white that comes on with the cabin light. What should I do for that? Should I just pick up some 12v strips from Super Bright LEDs? Are they any good?

Lastly, how should I power the high flux lights if I go with that? Maybe pick up a "BuckPuck DC Driver - Wire Leads, Dimmable, TTL Compatible?"

Thoughts?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Flashaholic

Default Re: Please help me figure out my footwell lighting setup

You may want to consider fiber optic lighting or EL wire instead of LEDs for some of this. Check out fiberopticproducts.com. The side emitting fiber may be better for the cup holder idea and the EL wire is really easy to work with.

Default Re: Please help me figure out my footwell lighting setup

I have seen people use the strips from SuperbrightLed's and they are quite durable and give out an even light pattern.