*new* Olight H15 Wave

kj2

Flashaholic
Just saw new headlamp from Olight. The H15.

2l8vt5h.jpg

more info; http://www.olightworld.com/en/products_show.aspx?ProId=1479&CateId=101

tubed

Enlightened
The world needs more and better headlights and this doesn't appear to be that. I'm shocked they'd come out with this. 4AAA is not good. And what's with the crazy levels/settings -is that a typo? 150-127-5-2 .. I don't get that

tubed

Enlightened
The world needs more and better headlights and this doesn't appear to be that. I'm shocked they'd come out with this. 4AAA is not good. And what's with the crazy levels/settings -is that a typo? 150-127-5-2 .. I don't get that

Oh, sorry, those were +/- the diffuser

florinache

Newly Enlightened
You can select the other modes, too. The 4lm red leds :). They come with strobe. Especially useful in the army, for the enemy's sniper. :)
What does " Non-contact gesture control function, with advanced infrared sensor set" mean?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTF is up with the mode selection??? Two modes of 5 and 150 lumens? Major FAIL. :ohgeez:

Apparently you haven't looked at the pictures...you wear this headlamp on a helmet with dark sunglasses so you need 150 lumens to be able to see the light through the sunglasses. :)

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can select the other modes, too. The 4lm red leds :). They come with strobe. Especially useful in the army, for the enemy's sniper. :)
What does " Non-contact gesture control function, with advanced infrared sensor set" mean?

Now you can wave at yourself to turn the unit on and off...so much easier than flicking a switch :)

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope 4Sevens had nothing to do with this travesty of a headlight.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently you haven't looked at the pictures...you wear this headlamp on a helmet with dark sunglasses so you need 150 lumens to be able to see the light through the sunglasses. :)
Oh, I looked at the pics. Do they honestly intend this headlight to be only for tactical users? Police, soldiers, etc.? Again, major fail.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it

server

Newly Enlightened
:shrug: Looks like something worth 15-20$ on dealextreme.... do not want

Last edited:

speedsix

Enlightened
Love the battery pack that would get in the way. Who thought this winner up? What a total FAIL. My Black Diamond Spot does everything this does for half the price and half the size. Who would look at this and think it was a good idea?

YoSeKi

Newly Enlightened
My Black Diamond Spot does everything this does for half the price and half the size.

Black Diamond Spot does 150 lumens? And has 127 lumen flood beam? Wow, sounds great!

Olight H15 costs $80? The Spot costs $40, if you say Spot is half price, H15 must be $80.