RIP Andy Griffith

StarHalo

Flashaholic
[whistling]

andygriffith1.jpg

Glock 22

Enlightened
The Andy Griffith Show is one that has never got old to me, one of my favorites.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
I was sad to hear this news. Really enjoyed his work. For those interested, Turner Classic Movies is having a four-film memorial July 18th to pay tribute to Andy Griffith's life and career. See below:

• "A Face in the Crowd" (1957), 7 p.m.: Elia Kazan's acclaimed drama about an Arkansas bum who becomes an overnight media sensation.
• "No Time for Sergeants" (1958), 9:15 p.m.: Griffith is a dumb country bumpkin drafted into the Air Force.
• "Hearts of the West" (1975), 11:30 p.m.: Jeff Bridges is a Western writer who meets a real-life cowboy (Griffith).
• "Onionhead" (1958) 1:15 a.m.: This military comedy was reportedly such a flop that it drove Griffith to television.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
From everything I could tell, he was a decent and genuine guy, much like his on screen persona. There aren't too many hollywood icons that I could recommend as role models but he was one of them. RIP sir and thanks for all of your fine work.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I was sad to hear this news. Really enjoyed his work. For those interested, Turner Classic Movies is having a four-film memorial July 18th to pay tribute to Andy Griffith's life and career. See below:

• "A Face in the Crowd" (1957), 7 p.m.: Elia Kazan's acclaimed drama about an Arkansas bum who becomes an overnight media sensation.
• "No Time for Sergeants" (1958), 9:15 p.m.: Griffith is a dumb country bumpkin drafted into the Air Force.
• "Hearts of the West" (1975), 11:30 p.m.: Jeff Bridges is a Western writer who meets a real-life cowboy (Griffith).
• "Onionhead" (1958) 1:15 a.m.: This military comedy was reportedly such a flop that it drove Griffith to television.
Thanks for the note... I'll make sure to record these.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Thanks for the note... I'll make sure to record these.

No problem. I think TV Land is having an, "Andy Griffith Show" marathon this weekend with all-time fan favorite episodes as well.

Marmaduke

Newly Enlightened
The black and white Andy Griffith Show remains the best comedy show period, every episode was a classic. The best were when Opie shot the bird, anything with The Good Time Girls, or Gomer, the haunted house... well they were all great. The world is a lesser place without you, Andy Griffith.

Last edited:

fishndad

Enlightened
Alot of memories come back remembering all those great episodes.

She's nice! Real nice!