SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

  1. #1
    Flashaholic* Bwolcott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564

    Default Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Despite the Fenix TK15 being somewhat outdated I still love this light and continue to come back to it for many reasons. I would like t hear what lights you guys still love despite being outdated in leds etc... and why you wtill love them.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,405

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    The TK11 with R2 led. Old, but does his job -still with me sometimes in the forest.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    For playing around the home and outside, I usually go for my newest. For work, though I still love my PD20 with its tight spot that gets between those shiny stainless steel racks and not in my eyes. Wide hotspots is not always good and sometimes very bad.
    Cataract, Shiny things specialist.
    Google Map for CPF

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* Bwolcott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    The TK11 with R2 led. Old, but does his job -still with me sometimes in the forest.

    something about the tk series I love!

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* Bwolcott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    For playing around the home and outside, I usually go for my newest. For work, though I still love my PD20 with its tight spot that gets between those shiny stainless steel racks and not in my eyes. Wide hotspots is not always good and sometimes very bad.

    I agree a lot of times I prefer my lights with the r5 led over the xml

  6. #6

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Q5 LD20; I hate the beam pattern (cree rings), but love the light, and I don't feel the R5 is enough of an upgrade to make it worth while.

    I stick a cutoff bottle top with HDPE #2 plastic over the end of it for a diffuser and wander around all night.
    9 lumens, 50 lumens, 100 lumens, turbo.. I find the lighting levels to be nicely spread out, and just too useful, even if they aren't ANSI rated levels, they're bright enough.

    Between all the lighting levels and my pop-on/off homemade diffuser, I have a light that is usable in almost every situation, and I just can't find a reason to upgrade.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* Bwolcott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeriel View Post
    Q5 LD20; I hate the beam pattern (cree rings), but love the light, and I don't feel the R5 is enough of an upgrade to make it worth while.

    I stick a cutoff bottle top with HDPE #2 plastic over the end of it for a diffuser and wander around all night.
    9 lumens, 50 lumens, 100 lumens, turbo.. I find the lighting levels to be nicely spread out, and just too useful, even if they aren't ANSI rated levels, they're bright enough.

    Between all the lighting levels and my pop-on/off homemade diffuser, I have a light that is usable in almost every situation, and I just can't find a reason to upgrade.


    good choice! ive noticed the q5 seems to throw rather well also

  8. #8

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    yup, I just pop off the diffuser off when I want some throw.. it's everything I need in a light. but after walking around with it for 2+ years.. I have new-flashlight fever

  9. #9

    Buttrock Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Ah, I'm still loving my Inova T1 (2008) and B-series T4. Something about their design, fit and finish that I still love. I'd love to get the new multi-mode lights at some point, but man it gets expensive with the periodic updates.

    I also love my RiverRock R-HC2L, such a great Target buy for $20, I lived on my bicycle helmet until it was displaced by a Fenix HP11.

    DK

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* Bwolcott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Still loving the Fenix TK15!

    Quote Originally Posted by DoorKnob View Post
    Ah, I'm still loving my Inova T1 (2008) and B-series T4. Something about their design, fit and finish that I still love. I'd love to get the new multi-mode lights at some point, but man it gets expensive with the periodic updates.

    I also love my RiverRock R-HC2L, such a great Target buy for $20, I lived on my bicycle helmet until it was displaced by a Fenix HP11.

    DK

    I agree I have the newer Inova x1 and I still love it as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •