Still loving the Fenix TK15!

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Despite the Fenix TK15 being somewhat outdated I still love this light and continue to come back to it for many reasons. I would like t hear what lights you guys still love despite being outdated in leds etc... and why you wtill love them.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
For playing around the home and outside, I usually go for my newest. For work, though I still love my PD20 with its tight spot that gets between those shiny stainless steel racks and not in my eyes. Wide hotspots is not always good and sometimes very bad.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
For playing around the home and outside, I usually go for my newest. For work, though I still love my PD20 with its tight spot that gets between those shiny stainless steel racks and not in my eyes. Wide hotspots is not always good and sometimes very bad.

I agree a lot of times I prefer my lights with the r5 led over the xml

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Q5 LD20; I hate the beam pattern (cree rings), but love the light, and I don't feel the R5 is enough of an upgrade to make it worth while.

I stick a cutoff bottle top with HDPE #2 plastic over the end of it for a diffuser and wander around all night.
9 lumens, 50 lumens, 100 lumens, turbo.. I find the lighting levels to be nicely spread out, and just too useful, even if they aren't ANSI rated levels, they're bright enough.

Between all the lighting levels and my pop-on/off homemade diffuser, I have a light that is usable in almost every situation, and I just can't find a reason to upgrade.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Q5 LD20; I hate the beam pattern (cree rings), but love the light, and I don't feel the R5 is enough of an upgrade to make it worth while.

I stick a cutoff bottle top with HDPE #2 plastic over the end of it for a diffuser and wander around all night.
9 lumens, 50 lumens, 100 lumens, turbo.. I find the lighting levels to be nicely spread out, and just too useful, even if they aren't ANSI rated levels, they're bright enough.

Between all the lighting levels and my pop-on/off homemade diffuser, I have a light that is usable in almost every situation, and I just can't find a reason to upgrade.

good choice! ive noticed the q5 seems to throw rather well also

Ezeriel

Enlightened
yup, I just pop off the diffuser off when I want some throw.. it's everything I need in a light. but after walking around with it for 2+ years.. I have new-flashlight fever

DoorKnob

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I'm still loving my Inova T1 (2008) and B-series T4. Something about their design, fit and finish that I still love. I'd love to get the new multi-mode lights at some point, but man it gets expensive with the periodic updates.

I also love my RiverRock R-HC2L, such a great Target buy for $20, I lived on my bicycle helmet until it was displaced by a Fenix HP11.

DK

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Ah, I'm still loving my Inova T1 (2008) and B-series T4. Something about their design, fit and finish that I still love. I'd love to get the new multi-mode lights at some point, but man it gets expensive with the periodic updates.

I also love my RiverRock R-HC2L, such a great Target buy for $20, I lived on my bicycle helmet until it was displaced by a Fenix HP11.

DK

I agree I have the newer Inova x1 and I still love it as well