Need expert wiring advice

fishx65

Enlightened
I'm thinking some of you expert modders may be able to help me. They make a led module for automotive turn signals called a Switchback. It consists of about 30 white and 30 amber leds. The module has 4 separate wires that make contact in the socket. Here's how it works: When the parking or headlights are on the white leds are lit. When you hit the turn signal, the white leds should turn off and just the ambers should blink. The problem is, the whites are not turning off when I signal which makes the blinking amber very difficult to see. Any ideas of how I could get the whites to turn off while signaling??

I should mention that just the amber leds blink if the parking and headlamps are off which is perfect during daylight hours.

Toaster79

Enlightened
you could wire a relay switch between white and amber so when amber is on a relay switch breaks the circuit on the whites. Might also find a transistor that will cope with such wiring.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The product you're asking about, like all "LED bulbs" meant to snap in place of a filament bulb, is illegal. So are the modifications you're asking about. Rule 11 of this board prohibits advocating illegal activity. Stop now, or this thread will be closed. Even if you think you might not get a ticket, it''s much smarter to put back the correct bulbs in your turn signals so you don't cause a crash because of the inadequate safety performance of the "LED bulbs".

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Question: I'm not familiar with this particular product, so this is just general, but is this sort of product legal if it's in addition to, rather than in place of, the original signal lamps? I'm thinking of how many motorcyclists add "conspicuity" lights, not to mention the truckers who tend to add lots of extra small lights.

rob3rto

Newly Enlightened
Question: I'm not familiar with this particular product, so this is just general, but is this sort of product legal if it's in addition to, rather than in place of, the original signal lamps? I'm thinking of how many motorcyclists add "conspicuity" lights, not to mention the truckers who tend to add lots of extra small lights.

Just search on YouTube. Everyone raves on about them but strangely enough they only ever post films taken at dusk or night. Care to guess why? :)