26500 rechargeable batteries

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone knows where I could purchase new 26500 li-ion rechargeable cells? AW stopped carrying them and I have a hard time finding another reliable source.

Thank you...

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone knows where I could purchase new 26500 li-ion rechargeable cells?

DX used to have them. I am not sure if they still do.
Quality and capacity is not as good but AFAIK that's the only choice for protected 25500
Protected one is about 54mm long.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 6 IMR 26500's with only a dozen cycles on them sitting in a box if you want them :)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK send me a pm please will reply to you later as I'll be in hospital for most of the day :(

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mate, I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up but I forgot about this:

From: http://auspost.com.au/personal/dangerous-goods-personal.html

"
[h=2]Lithium batteries[/h] All lithium batteries are now classified as dangerous goods and cannot be carried by air.
Australia Post cannot accept lithium batteries or devices containing lithium batteries for mailing overseas or for domestic air carriage. Parcels containing these items will now only be transported within Australia and by road only."

Sorry mate.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries I did realized this...looking for a friend in Sydney who could perhaps get them for me as I'm expecting a shipment from him soon. Will keep you posted...

Icehole

Enlightened
It may be time to restart this thread!

i'm looking for 26500 batteries, all I could find were DX and they were 25500.

anyone have a source for quality 26500 batteries?
i'm in the US.

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
Not sure about actual sources, but it seems that a few "vaping" suppliers stock the eFest 3000mAh IMR 26500s; these seem about the best "known/tested" available at the moment? The ones on DX, Fasttech etc still seem to be unknown quantities; the "5000mAh / 5500mAh" ones seem to be reviewing as only about 3000mAh if that, and no known supply/quality consistency