MAHA MH-C800S

zoulas

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I have a C9000 but I also want a 8 bay charger for quickly charging new or relatively new batteries. The reviews on the [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]MH-C800S are a bit strange, many say it broke after a year, some say it went up in flames. What is your feedback on this device and is there something else
you like better. Thanks
[/FONT]

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maha C808M has been working perfectly for over a year now. Always remember that is much more likely for a person with a bad product experience to write a review online or just post their experiences. There must be hundreds/thousands of people using these chargers who don't have problems.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Maha C800S for less than a year before it migrated to a large sail boat to recharge the many AA cells that they have on board. It has survived that unstable power supply for several years now. All of their AA cells have been replaced at least once due to wear-out. They normally have a solar panel charging their deep-discharge marine batteries. The battery powered inverters run 24/7 to power the boat, including navi systems if the clouds hang around too long, there is a small on-board fueled generator.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maha C808M has been working perfectly for over a year now. Always remember that is much more likely for a person with a bad product experience to write a review online or just post their experiences. There must be hundreds/thousands of people using these chargers who don't have problems.

Thats actually a good point that many people probably dont realize. If you buy a product, and you it turns out to be a "good" product, you use it and go on life's hopefully merry way. Only if you buy a product that is extraordinarily great are you likely to take the time to post a positive review. But if something is lousy, you are also likely to post a negative review.

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
This and other "Maha" chargers, at least new ones, are actually called "Powerex" brand chargers.

"Powerex" is the brand name for batteries and chargers manufactured by Maha Energy Corporation, Taiwan. As far as I know, it has always been this way.

Dave