Is there a Li Ion charger/analyser that charges more than 1 battery?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked around for a Li Ion charger that is similar in its abilities to the Powerex MH-C9000. But so far its been fruitless. All I can find are Li Ion chargers that take 1-2-4-or 8 batteries and charge them, but dont have an LCD or digital screen that measures voltage or capacity.

The other type of charger that I've found are chargers that literally look like a bunch of wires and parts randomly grabbed out of a parts bin at Radio Shack! They come with simple, thin wires which are supposed to somehow connect directly to the positive and negative battery terminals. I dont know how safe that is, and besides, I believe they only charge one battery at a time.

Aside from that, I have been unable to find anything. Is there not a simple, one piece Li Ion diagnostic charger out there that can display voltage, maybe capacity, and maybe have the ability to discharge too, like the Powerex MH-C9000 or similar?

Thanks
[h=1][/h]

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I read all the posts on that thread you linked there, and he is in a similar spot, but what is a "hobby charger"? Is that a different category of battery chargers or something?

The basic problem is that what you want doesn't exist. All that info just explains why. The RC (hobby) market developed a solution for their own needs (battery packs) that is close enough to what flashlight guys need (single/dual cells). Were there a 'hole' in the market, someone would develop what you want, but the hobby charger is to close. Here's a nice primer:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?307660-What-is-a-Hobby-Charger

Its a toy sounding name, but they're actually high end. You get C9000 style control with more flexibility (and a sizable learning curve).