Kinda cool, or completely useless?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A promotional item company sent this to us today, not sure what to think.

Fancy pen...

c6e4d535-e257-d5a2.jpg

Oh dang, it's a flashlight...

c6e4d535-e28d-a4aa.jpg

It's a fancy pen/flashlight. Whaddaya think, useful or no?

c6e4d535-e2c6-cbdc.jpg

Bigpal

Enlightened
Carry it for a couple days. If you don't reach for it for something, you have your answer. :D

nbp

Flashaholic
My dad got one similar at a business meeting recently and gave it to me. I'll have to post a pic later. I have it on my desk, it's decent as a pen, and you never know when you just need a pinch of light to look at something up close while you're at your desk. I wouldn't rely on it as a an EDC but it's kinda cool as a novelty thing.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the quality is decent, it could have its uses. We received a promotional mini screwdriver with integrated light around the tip. Excellent idea, but its very hard to get it to turn on or off, so that one is junk and not even worth a picture. Plus the plastic tip means you won't get much torque before it breaks... I put it in with the junk lights I keep.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
This would be great for the Streamlight Stylus guys if it weren't for the overly wrought body; put it in something simple like a Bic Stic body and you'd have a winner.

Illum

Flashaholic
Thats dad's EDC, who would've thought a promotional pen could replace the years of attempts fro me getting him to EDC something substantial?
First the P1-CE, then the E01, then E05, then... a pen :ohgeez:

Myron was the company that keeps sending them, we use them as avendor for medical supplies
http://www.myron.com/eng/categories/promotional_pens/flashlight_pens

They are not absurdly cheap, but not all that expensive either... about $3/pen at a quantity of about 50. I have never ordered promotional items beyond the realm of magnets. It is highly possible that of the fifty ordered will have a few lemons.

Last edited:

fishndad

Enlightened
Let me know when Mont Blanc puts a Peak on the other end and ill have a positive opinion:D

97catintenn

Newly Enlightened
I think all you flashaholic's should have lights on the end of your pens. I'd say it's a win.

fyrstormer

Banned
Let me know when Mont Blanc puts a Peak on the other end and ill have a positive opinion:D
As much as Montblancs cost, it better have a McGizmo on the other end. ;)

Have you seen their flagship pen? It has an actual 6-pointed diamond mounted under a clear dome, in place of the normal white plastic logo on the cap. Ridiculous!

Anyway, this little promotional pen is somewhat...more practical.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all you flashaholic's should have lights on the end of your pens. I'd say it's a win.

No, you got that backwards. I have a pen on the end of a flashlight, I have keys hanging from another flashlight, I have a knife hooked to yet another flashlight, I have pant pockets wrapped around some flashlights and a belt secured by 2 flashlight holsters.