4Sevens Preon 2 Question

mathnerdm

Newly Enlightened
Hey I just recently purchased a 4sevens preon 2 and it works great, but the pocket clip swivels around the whole body of the light. Is that how they come or a certain model of them do? If anybody owns a P2 please let me know your experiences with the clip. Oh and another question, mine came with a bag of 3 o ring things and a metal ring i assume for keychains. What are all the extra rings for? Thanks and have a nice day!

Link Archer VI

Newly Enlightened
The O-rings are spares, in case an existing one gets worn out you can just replace it. The clip spins around if you don't tighten the tailcap all the way; if you tighten the tailcap the clip shouldn't spin around.

Danielight

Enlightened
The extra rubber O-rings are spares for if/when the original ones wear out. These are needed to keep your light waterproof.

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
Tightening does help, but since there are no locking mechanisms, it'll still turn if you try to turn it. It really doesn't bother me much though.

ico

Enlightened
Maybe there is no O-ring at the tail part? that is why you have 3 and the clicky part is somewhat loose

benm11

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up one over at the marketplace (in titanium) and it is a really cool light. I did not experience the clip rotating that much once I tightened it down. However that lasted 5 minutes until I removed that to get sleek look of the titanium. My two cents.

Lite Me Up

Newly Enlightened
You can always don some dish washer gloves or any latex gloves (for better grip) and use them to get a tad bit more extra torque to tighten up the tail cap. Works for me and the clip stays where I want them to be. But don't go gorilla all over it though!

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the titanium model and I have the rotating pocket clip issue as well, which kind of spoils the slick look of the titanium. But, hey, it's a tool, I'll live.

Not sure about the o-ring issues.

Just refinish it if it gets scratched. Mine had taken some wear from the clip and scratching against keys. Titanium is softer than HA III aluminum but you can refinish it and have it look great again. No before picture, but trist me there was a fair amount of scratching on this thing.

DSC_0450.jpg