St Mimimus acting up...

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've had this headlamp since March 2010, worked great up until last weekend.
We were camping, and when I removed the light from my pack, it was on low and I could not turn it off.
New battery, fiddled, etc, still it would not turn off.
So the local dealer doesn't have any replacement headlamps ( not a big seller here I guess), so the offer they gave me was to apply my cost to another SF light ( which doesn't float my boat), or deal with SF directly.
I've emailed SF this morning, see what they have to say about this.
I'm guessing I won't have my headlamp for this summer at the lake.
Might try & see if they will apply the credit to a knife :)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my minimus vision control ring was very stiff and hard to turn, and sometimes it made squeaky noises when turning. i added a tiny drop of hoppe's lubricating oil.
now it turns smoothly, and no more squeaks.

doesnt seem like it would be the solution, but i dont think itll hurt to try it out either.
maybe debris got inside the control ring, and its preventing it from turning it to the off position?

also, calling surefire directly will get you a better and faster reply.
i called surefire a few weeks ago about a L1 tailcap. took about 15 minutes to speak to a representative. 2 minutes later, he asked me for my address. 2 days later i got a new tailcap (i live less than 100 miles from surefire).

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even the dealer tried a few things and it's a defect.
They are offering me a credit towards another light.
I will call SF monday morning see what they say.
I tried to get them to apply my credit against a William Henry knife, and they wouldn't. My thoughts are, they could replace the light from SF, sell it and make their money back, but I am guessing the profit on a WH knife would more than offset the holding cost or even entire cost of this light.