Do you text a lot?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
My co-workers and I had an interesting chat at work during lunch regarding texting. Many said they texted hundreds of texts per day. A very few said they rather call instead of texting.

I normally do about 20/per day.

How bout you?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Most days I would say 10-20. Some days 0. Some days if I'm stuck inside with little to do it maybe be 50+.

Hundreds..that's just ridiculous.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe 1 or 2 a day. I don't have kids, so that's a big reason.

I get totally annoyed when co-workers send dozens of texts per day. Usually it's a mom to her daughter, or new tech being nagged by his new GF or wife. Anything that require more than sentence or rebuttal is better off sent with E-mail.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prob 30 a day. My wife is always busy at work and its usually easier to send a text

Norm

Retired Administrator
My co-workers and I had an interesting chat at work during lunch regarding texting. Many said they texted hundreds of texts per day. A very few said they rather call instead of texting.

I normally do about 20/per day.

How bout you?
When do they do any work?

I might send 6 a month.

Norm

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
About 3 years ago i was texting 20 000-25 000 messages a month. No kidding. I think my record was almost 30 000 a month. And that was NOT spam texts.
I was 15 then, fortunately i have grown a bit...

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it or not, I don't even own a cell phone, so no texting for me.

I think everyone should have a cell phone whether pre-paid or not; just in case of emergency, running late, forgot keys, or got lost.

Never texted , not even turned on , on my phone.

I hope you still carry it with you just in case you do need to use it.

About 3 years ago i was texting 20 000-25 000 messages a month. No kidding. I think my record was almost 30 000 a month. And that was NOT spam texts.

Holy molly! I guess age is a big factor in how often we text...

nbp

Flashaholic

Holy cats how is that possible?!

That's 1000 per day if 30,000 in a month. Let's assume you sleep 7 hrs per night, so that's in 17 hours of wakefulness. At 15, you are in school, so let's knock off another 7 hrs per day, and you're left with 10 hrs of txt time. That's 100 per hour, or 1.67 txts per minute for every minute you were awake in a month.

:faint:

There are occasional days when I get tons of txts from people and send tons of replies, but 1000 in a day is absolutely mind boggling. I don't know who would have time to send hundreds per day.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually I don't text much at all, some days with group text messages I can hit the hundreds, though that includes 6 people texting.

B.B.

Newly Enlightened
I never text. I've sent 2 text messages in my lifetime.
I have 1 phone I use and I very rarely use more than 30 mins a month. lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, my average is about one text every 2 or 3 years. I have a voice, and prefer to actually speak to other human beings when I use my phone to communicate.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Perhaps 5 to 10 texts a month.

Very Seldom do I actually TALK on my Cellphone !

Only when i order a Pizza from the pizzaria in town.

Saves me 15 minutes of waiting.

;)
_