PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 64

Thread: I hate all all of you

  1. #31
    Flashaholic Qoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Between Seattle, LA, and Boston
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    I just had a realization.

    When I get engaged, I'm going to have to explain that I have no 401k, no savings, and enough liquid assets to buy me a $1 burger. I might have a cover story about how I donated it all to monks that take care of wild animals.

    In reality, it would because I had bought enough lights for the rest of my life.

  2. #32

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Believe it or not, the lights are more of a liquid asset than any other "money wasting" addiction I've ever had. They sell quickly at the marketplace as long as you're reasonable. Car mods were a pain to sell for anything more than 50% of the paid price and alcohol...It's just money down the toilet. I'm left with a lot of nights I don't remember and a dirty car that gets 12 MPG and unwanted police attention. I do keep the rear bumper, trunklid, and tail lights nice and clean though

    The lights are actually a pretty decent hobby all in all..
    Last edited by fiberguy; 07-08-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  3. #33
    Flashaholic* jmpaul320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Beware! Buying your grail light will only make you find 2 to 3 other grail lights like it that you must have!

  4. #34

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul320 View Post
    Beware! Buying your grail light will only make you find 2 to 3 other grail lights like it that you must have!
    +1 then the Ti bug hit's

  5. #35
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,410

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Qoose View Post
    I just had a realization.

    When I get engaged, I'm going to have to explain that I have no 401k, no savings, and enough liquid assets to buy me a $1 burger. I might have a cover story about how I donated it all to monks that take care of wild animals.

    In reality, it would because I had bought enough lights for the rest of my life.
    hahaha same here.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  6. #36
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFree View Post
    Just wait for your first blackout. Then all will be forgiven.
    I gave my SO a Jetbeam TC-R2 and a box of Surefire batteries for Christmas last year. She liked it to start with, but when the storms hit at the end of June and millions of people (including her) lost power, she was extra-appreciative. "Best Christmas present EVER!" she said.

  7. #37
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,410

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    I gave my SO a Jetbeam TC-R2 and a box of Surefire batteries for Christmas last year. She liked it to start with, but when the storms hit at the end of June and millions of people (including her) lost power, she was extra-appreciative. "Best Christmas present EVER!" she said.
    that's really awesome!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  8. #38

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    that's really awesome!
    Let there be light

  9. #39
    Flashaholic* Chrontius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,117

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Right now my grail light is the Ti bug. I really want a McLux Ti-PD; but I'm not sure if I want a standard PD, or a LunaSol. But then I think "Self, that control ring thing is killer. Maybe I should look at a Sunwayman V10R Ti+ or a Ra Rotary... but that last one's not titanium, and I need something in titanium for the sake of the collection."

    Madness, I say.

    Oh well, it's a fun and peculiarly useful kind of madness.

  10. #40
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrontius View Post
    Right now my grail light is the Ti bug. I really want a McLux Ti-PD; but I'm not sure if I want a standard PD, or a LunaSol. But then I think "Self, that control ring thing is killer. Maybe I should look at a Sunwayman V10R Ti+ or a Ra Rotary... but that last one's not titanium, and I need something in titanium for the sake of the collection."

    Madness, I say.

    Oh well, it's a fun and peculiarly useful kind of madness.
    The control-ring thing is killer. I have about 20 Gizmos and my EDC light is a Jetbeam TC-R2. It's just so convenient.

  11. #41
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    that's really awesome!
    Yeah, she's kinda weird. I rather like her. She says it's all my fault she now entertains herself at night by lighting up treetops across the yard.

  12. #42

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    I gave my SO a Jetbeam TC-R2 and a box of Surefire batteries for Christmas last year. She liked it to start with, but when the storms hit at the end of June and millions of people (including her) lost power, she was extra-appreciative. "Best Christmas present EVER!" she said.
    "Best Christmas present EVER!" I was going to say get that in writing, just to have on file if a future purchase becomes contentious. Now I see she's lighting up treetops, so it seems you're good to go!

    Well played!!

  13. #43
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    "Best Christmas present EVER!" I was going to say get that in writing, just to have on file if a future purchase becomes contentious.
    Not a bad idea though. *archives the text message*

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* AnAppleSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Hill, VA
    Posts
    4,069

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Hi, you don't know me. But soon you'll hate me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrontius View Post
    Ra Rotary... but that last one's not titanium, and I need something in titanium for the sake of the collection."
    Rumor is, Henry is planning to do a titanium run now that the machine shop situation is straightening out.

    See?
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

  15. #45
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    Rumor is, Henry is planning to do a titanium run now that the machine shop situation is straightening out.
    And he's going to make it with a clip that actually works, right?

  16. #46
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Never forget: you can quit any time you want....want...any time...I quit twice today!

  17. #47

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by bushmattster View Post
    All I wanted was one measley little AA light to back up my PD30. Then I ran across CPF. Now I want a Zebralight, Sunwayman, Eagletac, Jetbeam, more 4sevens, more Fenix, etc, etc, etc. Bastards.

    P.S. My wife hates you too.

    lol.. that put a smile on my face

  18. #48
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fiberguy View Post

    All along I wanted a TK70 but didn't want to spend the money...

    Maybe if I just buy it I can stop all this non-sense.
    Go and get it! I bought the TK70 and it's the coolest light ever. Yes it's a bit big, but it has an excellent grip to it and is just insanely bright. Just last night we heard some strange noises in the neighborhood... I pulled out my TK70 and it was daylight

    ...oh, just don't tell your wife how much you spent on it. Tell her it was on sale at Walmart...

  19. #49

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Wait until you have *hundreds* of lights. Then you can talk *hate!* Right now is the time to prove that each and every light purchase is... ***needed.***

  20. #50

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    there is a old saying, extreme hate is love,and extreme love is hate

  21. #51
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Yeah, she's kinda weird. I rather like her. She says it's all my fault she now entertains herself at night by lighting up treetops across the yard.
    Sounds like my kind of girl! Wait... am I the only one thinking this??
    Cataract, Shiny things specialist.
    Google Map for CPF

  22. #52

    Smile Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by bushmattster View Post
    All I wanted was one measley little AA light to back up my PD30. Then I ran across CPF. Now I want a Zebralight, Sunwayman, Eagletac, Jetbeam, more 4sevens, more Fenix, etc, etc, etc. Bastards.

    P.S. My wife hates you too.
    I have forever started down the dark path with my newly acquired flashlight obsession. (no pun intended). My first premium light I bought as an EDC was a Fenix PD20 which I absolutely love. Couldn't go backwards after that. Family thinks I am a little loopy, so I started buying them their own lights to indoctrinate them. Just bought a Nitecore Explorer EC1 and waiting for delivery. Into the abyss.....

  23. #53
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Carolina, USA, Earth
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by bushmattster View Post
    Scene from last night at my house:

    Wife- "I saw some shoes last night I really like, but I probably don't need anymore."

    Me- "You work hard baby, go ahead and get them.....by the way I ordered another flashlight."
    Just substitute "hand blown perfume bottles" or "dolls" for shoes and it's my house. This also explains my Spyderco knife collection.

  24. #54

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Go and get it! I bought the TK70 and it's the coolest light ever. Yes it's a bit big, but it has an excellent grip to it and is just insanely bright. Just last night we heard some strange noises in the neighborhood... I pulled out my TK70 and it was daylight

    ...oh, just don't tell your wife how much you spent on it. Tell her it was on sale at Walmart...
    Got my tk70 this week........ Sheesh.

    I LOVE THIS LIGHT!

    Bad ++

  25. #55
    Flashaholic peterkin101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Leicester, East Midlands
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fiberguy View Post
    Got my tk70 this week........ Sheesh.

    I LOVE THIS LIGHT!

    Bad ++
    What batteries etc are you using?

    I'm wanting to get one of these torches but so far have yet to find a sensible solution for a power supply here in the UK.

    Top of the list is 9500mAh+ LSD NiMH cells and a intelligent charger with full info.

    A Herculean task so far...
    Maglite MiniMag AA. Terralux LED conversion+Tail cap switch. Maglite 6D+LED TLE310 LED Conversion module, Fenix E15, LED Lenser M17R. Maglite 3 x AA+Hahnel LSD NiMH cells.

  26. #56

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    hi all, new to the forum, third post so hopefully no yellow banner..

    heres a cunning plan, make a situation that involves needing a torch, give her the little 50 hour dwindaly torch, then let her use it..

    heres the cunning plan bit, when she cant find it/see what she's doing (for 50 hours lol) lammmmpit up gooood! and say here yu go luv, peck on the cheek, and you can can keep that in your hand bag.

    and say no more, she may just apresiate it after that. (you can smugly grin though..hehehe after all its dark).

  27. #57

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkin101 View Post
    What batteries etc are you using?

    I'm wanting to get one of these torches but so far have yet to find a sensible solution for a power supply here in the UK.

    Top of the list is 9500mAh+ LSD NiMH cells and a intelligent charger with full info.

    A Herculean task so far...

    I'm running the Tenergy Premium white cells (10,000 mAh) and a Maha Powerex MH-C808M to charge them. I wanted the 8 bay smart charger so I could knock out more batteries in a single run (I use a lot of Eneloops too).

    My only complaint is that this light doesn't seem like more than double the light I get out of my TK41. I'm starting to realize that as lumen ratings get higher, the difference seems like less. This light will work good for work, but I wish it had more output. I kinda expected a little more from it.

    If you're used to carrying a D cell mag, you'll feel right at home with this light. I love it.

  28. #58

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by fiberguy View Post
    I'm running the Tenergy Premium white cells (10,000 mAh) and a Maha Powerex MH-C808M to charge them. I wanted the 8 bay smart charger so I could knock out more batteries in a single run (I use a lot of Eneloops too).

    My only complaint is that this light doesn't seem like more than double the light I get out of my TK41. I'm starting to realize that as lumen ratings get higher, the difference seems like less. This light will work good for work, but I wish it had more output. I kinda expected a little more from it.

    If you're used to carrying a D cell mag, you'll feel right at home with this light. I love it.
    I have both of this lights also and the TK70 absolutely just crushes the TK41. Not even close, that is weird that you dont see that, I would go as far to say that the output might be closer to triple. It lights up everything and at a good distance to.

    I also am using the white tenegrys, they works very well for the TK70.

  29. #59
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrontius View Post
    Right now my grail light is the Ti bug. Maybe I should look at a Sunwayman V10R Ti
    That's a damn good looking light. I wish they made a mini aa version. May have to get one anyway. I went cheaper and ordered the Etac D25a clicky Ti to start my collection.

  30. #60
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: I hate all all of you

    I've ordered five lights since I've joined CPF in less than a month. This is worse than drugs. I'm going to have get a second job............ I just found my next light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •