What are the runtimes of Maglight incandescent flashlights?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not bought a Maglight for a long time, and I dont remember seeing the runtimes listed. But I do remember all the different modes on those old Maglights. They had 2 regular modes 1. ON 2. OFF. But as I recall, there were also 2 more "hidden, tactical" modes. You simply switched the light on and off 7 times to get to the tactical modes, then you had 2 more modes. They were: 1. ON and 2. OFF :D Just kidding!

Anyway, what are the brightness measurements and run times in the: 2- D cell Maglight, 3- D cell Maglight and 4- D cell Maglight?

I am just curious to compare this with the LED light's runtimes to gauge efficiency of one vs the other.

broadgage

Enlightened
Run times for D cell maglights are about 10 hours up to about 14 hours with the supplied bulb and good qaulity alkaline cells.
No great acuracy can be claimed as it varies according to how dim one allows the light to become before considering that new cells are needed.
Up to about 20 hours total run time can be achieved if only used briefly. The 10 to 14 hours is for continual use.

The number of cells makes little difference, since the different voltage bulbs for different numbers of cells all use about the same current.

Up to 50 hours run time can be achieved with a low consumption incandescent bulb, though the light is feeble compared to modern incandescent or LED lamps.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
its easy, all the bulbs - more-or-less had 0.8 Amps current ...

calculate Your runtime(s) for
* Ni-Mh cells,
* Alkalines ...

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a value SF did guarantee
(in my experience it was quite a bunch more, 3 three times at least - for 9N, 8X, 6R main bulb)

Mags bulbs, not driven as extreme as SFs, hold muuuuch loooonger.