since i am new to flashlights i have been trying to identify the most relevant flashlight models or series of our times. Other newbies might be interested in the same question. The most straight-forward method is to sort the threads after number of replies and cancel out threads which dont treat a specific model or series of a specific flashlight brand. Fyi these are the results (last updated: 2012-07-08, marked dates dating back 12 months)!
Forum: Flashlight Reviews:
Forum: LED Flashlights:Originally Posted by Reviews Top 20
Summarizing the above 2 top lists in a single table, i have marked the flashlight models (or brands) which seem to resurge every now and then, and thus stay relevant in the present discussion:Originally Posted by Front Page
1. Surefire 10 LX1, LX2, 6PX/G2X, P2X-B, M3LT, E2L-AA, UB3T, SF TITAN, Shot Show 2012 2. Zebralight 7 SC51, SC80, SC600, Q50 3. HDS 6 Ra Twisty/Clicky/Rotary 4. Jetbeam 5 RRT-0, RRT-01, TCR-01, Jet-III M, Jet-I PRO 5. Nitecore 5 D10, D11.2/EX11.2, EZAA, TM11 6. 4Sevens 4 Quark, Preon P0 7. Malkoff 4 M31, M91, Hound Dog 8. Fenix 3 TK21, TK40, TK41, TK70 9. EagleTac 3 D25 Clicky, Clicky Ti, G25C2 10. Novatac 2 T/E models, Registry 11. Liteflux 1 LF2XT 12. Crelant 1 7G5 V2 13. Mako 1 AAA 14. Maratac 1 AA 15. Dereelight 1 DBS 16. iTP 1 A3 17. Maglite 1 XL100 18. Xeno 1 E03 19. Thrunite 1 Scorpion V2 20. Romisen 1 RC-N3 21. Olight 1 M30 Triton 22. n/a 23. n/a 24. n/a 25. n/a
Evaluating all the above data and dates, i've come to the conclusion that the most discussed China-made flashlight models released in recent times (from 12 months back until today) are:
- Zebralight SC600
- Jetbeam RRT-01, Jetbeam TCR-01
- Sunwayman V10R Ti+ (thread went missing!)
- 4Sevens Preon P0
- Xeno E03 (older than 12 months but continually being upgraded)
- EagleTac D25 Clicky series, EagleTac G25C2
- Fenix new TK-series
The most successful newcomer in 2012 so far clearly being the EagleTac D25 Clicky series (aluminum + titanium), selfbuilt's review entered the Reviews Top 20 only after 5 weeks, congrats to the feat! A rivaling 2012 series could be the new Nitecore E-series which launched just recently and seems to arrest lots of fresh attention already. We will see if the E-series can enter in one of the above two Replies-sorted lists and even get ahead of the D25 Clickies! To me this feels like a race and true competition!!
Note: There used to be a very popular Sunwayman thread on the Front Page (Sunwayman V10R Ti+, authored by Ualnosaj afaik) with hundreds of replies but i cant find&display the thread and count its Replies any longer. The thread seems gone, yikes!!
Hope someone found this post interesting or helpful!