Subcompact Digital Camera suggestions (AA powered)

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I would like to buy a subcompact digital camera that runs on AA batteries. Something that will fit in my shirt pocket.

I have a compact Canon powershot A720 IS, which is fine, but I'd really like something more portable, rather than a bulge sticking out of my pocket.

Any recommendations? I'm not tied to any brand, yet would like to keep it under $200-$250 Canadian. I know Nikon made one that runs on AA, but can't seem to find it anymore.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was just researching this the other week. i was looking for cameras that use AA or cr123 cells.

i found a few that uses 2xAA from several brands. it seems like the models that use AA cells are generally the simpler, point and shoot type. which seems like what your looking for.
the canon A1300 seems like the latest and greatest.
panasonic lumix and fujifilm has models using AA as well.

most seem to be around the $100 range. most being even less.

on the manufacturers websites, under "specs" is where it stats it power type.

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
i was just researching this the other week. i was looking for cameras that use AA or cr123 cells.

i found a few that uses 2xAA from several brands. it seems like the models that use AA cells are generally the simpler, point and shoot type. which seems like what your looking for.
the canon A1300 seems like the latest and greatest.
panasonic lumix and fujifilm has models using AA as well.

most seem to be around the $100 range. most being even less.

on the manufacturers websites, under "specs" is where it stats it power type.

Thanks for the suggestions, although as I mentioned in my OP; I'm looking for 'subcompact' AA powered cameras. Not 'compact'. That A1300 is certainly a compact. I'll take a look through manufacturer websites.