New 60w replacement from Tuwago

skyled

Newly Enlightened
Received the package yesterday. Got to love amazon prime.

My initial thoughts on this bulb: They weren't lying when they say "improved". This thing is much closer if not identical to the color temperature of an incandescent. Very natural warm white light. Great color rendering. The light output is outstanding and noticeably brighter than their previous version. The packaging says 800 lumens but I would go out to say this is conservative. The picture is comparing next to a 60 watt sylvania. Since this is the same form factor as the previous A19, the omnidirection is only improved by the pure fact that it is so much brighter. It dims perfectly without flickering. The build quality still feels very solid.
photo_3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Definitely happy with this bulb and getting more!

bandits1

Newly Enlightened
Now if they only made it in 3000K. I have a Tuwago PAR20 in a covered/protected outdoor fixture, and it's the best performing bulb out of the three different brands of PAR20 LEDs I've tried so far(Ecosmart and Lightkiwi are the others). About $8 more than the Ecosmart and $3 more than the Lightkiwi, the Tuwago is brighter than both and it doesn't have that flashlight-like hotspot that the Ecosmart has. In the identical fixtures I have them in, the Tuwago takes just a split-second longer to turn on than the Ecosmart which lights up instantly, so that could be a drawback to some.

The second Tuwago makes this A19 in a bit higher color temp, I'll buy one.

Last edited:

skyled

Newly Enlightened
Now if they only made it in 3000K. I have a Tuwago PAR20 in a covered/protected outdoor fixture, and it's the best performing bulb out of the three different brands of PAR20 LEDs I've tried so far(the 3rd brand being Lightkiwi). About $8 more than the Ecosmart PAR20 I brought, but the Tuwago is brighter and projects more even light - it doesn't have that flashlight-like hotspot that the Ecosmart has.

The second Tuwago makes this in a bit higher color temp, I'll buy one.

Are you referring to this one? http://tuwago.com/pars/71-dimmable-par20.html

bandits1

Newly Enlightened
That's the one. I use them in outdoor fixtures that traditionally use A19 type bulbs, but I use PAR20s to try and control the light from spreading out all over the place.

I really want to try the 60W replacement you posted for our downstairs bathroom, but I don't want it in 2700K. I like my light warm but not that warm.

skyled

Newly Enlightened
That's the one. I use them in outdoor fixtures that traditionally use A19 type bulbs, but I use PAR20s to try and control the light from spreading out all over the place.

I really want to try the 60W replacement you posted for our downstairs bathroom, but I don't want it in 2700K. I like my light warm but not that warm.

You should give it a try. I am really pleased with the light quality. The naturalness of the light is just easy on the eyes and it's extremely bright. The philips one is great but I find myself preferring this Tuwago one.

skyled

Newly Enlightened
You should give it a try. I am really pleased with the light quality. The naturalness of the light is just easy on the eyes and it's extremely bright. The philips one is great but I find myself preferring this Tuwago one.

They're $19 now not bad..