Malkoff        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Posts!

Unhappy Missing Posts!

Posts made between 2:30AM and 8:00AM on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 have been lost due to a server outage.

Sorry everyone...

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Missing Posts!

the divelighting section gives a database error while the other subfora seem to work fine. any idea?

thanks for checking,
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by jspeybro View Post
    the divelighting section gives a database error while the other subfora seem to work fine. any idea?

thanks for checking,
    Johan
    No database error on this end...

Clear your cache?

I'm having a weird issue since the recent outage...some subscriptions to threads I have posted in for weeks/months have disappeared. When I look at my subscribed threads, there have been at least a couple of them that no longer show up as being subscribed. I can go find the thread in the subforum, and re-subscribe, but I'm not sure which thread subs are missing.

Not a major problem, but I thought I'd let you know about it.

Flashaholic

I can access Dive Lighting, but have been getting a DB error when I try to visit Headlamps. It sez more than ten people are viewing it now though, so it could very well be on my end. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooreshire View Post
    I can access Dive Lighting, but have been getting a DB error when I try to visit Headlamps. It sez more than ten people are viewing it now though, so it could very well be on my end. :-)
    As suggested with the dive light forum, log out so as to clear your cache, close your browser , then open it again and log in again.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    As suggested with the dive light forum, log out so as to clear your cache, close your browser , then open it again and log in again.
    I've logged out, cleared the cache manually (Firefox 13.0.1), restarted the browser, and logged back in - several times now to no avail. Even restarted my computer and cable modem out of curiosity.

I also get the DB error when trying to go to the subscriptions page to see the threads I've subscribed to.

Not complaining, just stating in case it proves pertinent. Keep up the great work and thank you as always!

Flashaholic*

Similar issue here. Can't get into Fixed Lighting when logged in. When logged out, works fine. Definitely not a cache/tempfile/dns issue as my browser clears all on exit. And, it repeats the issue with IE, opera, chrome, and firefox. Other forums work fine.

Flashaholic

Interesting. I can see the various forums when logged out no problem.

I still can't run a "new posts" search. I've tried from 2 different browsers. I have no cache to clear, as it's disabled.

I thought about saving this thread in my subscriptions so I could track to see progress on this weird database error when trying to access USER CP (or Settings), but realized I would have to be able to access the page in the first place.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    I still can't run a "new posts" search. I've tried from 2 different browsers. I have no cache to clear, as it's disabled.
    New posts is controlled by your CPF cookie, I believe the subcookie bb_lastactivity is the one.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Guys... I'm not trying to be difficult... truly... but I cannot reproduce ANY of the issues! I have clicked on everything you all have mentioned and there are no access issues at all. Everything loads right up real quick. The thing about being logged in suggests a cookie issue though so whatever browser you are using or whatever, look into the cookies.

Flashaholic*

Forum works find when I'm not logged in. All temp/cookies/cache/ cleared, dns flushed.....including router and cable modem reset. I also switched to opendns. Running Windows7 64bit and not too aggressive Microsoft Security Essentials. Browsers and plugins(java flash shockwave...) are all latest versions. To rule out CPE, grabbed my neighbors WindowsVista Laptop and repeated issue. Grabbed my Samsung Droid Phone using lame 3g from Virginmobile...same issue. Works fine when not logged in.

This is what I get when I log into the FixedLighting forum, 2 different internet connections and laptops, along with a cell phone:

Database error
    The CandlePowerForums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.candlepowerforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.candlepowerforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Again... I cannot repeat the problem. Trust me - I'm really, really, really trying! I've tried my PC, my iPhone, my iPad... nothing is having any issues... NOTHING!

I am not saying none of you are having problems... but if I can't repeat them, I can't fix them...

One other additional thing - the fact that many others are not experiencing these issues and are browsing and posting further suggests a localized issue with cookies.

Again... I cannot repeat the problem. Trust me - I'm really, really, really trying! I've tried my PC, my iPhone, my iPad... nothing is having any issues... NOTHING!

I am not saying none of you are having problems... but if I can't repeat them, I can't fix them...
    I've tried to log in from Tapatalk (iphone), Firefox and Safari on a Mac and Firefox and IE on Windows - The PC I've never used to log onto CPF before. I can't get "New Posts" to work

I've done a full reset of FF on the Mac, no go.

Just tried tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab, no go.

Flashaholic*

Greta, do you want my cpf password to test my username?
    Last edited by deadrx7conv; 07-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Ok I used the notifications link at top to get into my mail via the inbox drop down choice and can access that page and see my mail fine the problem I think is ONLY with Subscriptions which gives me the database error.... they load up automatically in user cp causing it to choke.

I'm sorry Greta.. but I get the Database error when trying to access the HeadLamps forum also. I've tried the cookie and cache clearing, restart and all that too on FireFox and Chrome. Logged-out I can get in like the rest.

So, I tried using IE. I have never logged in with IE before (I hate it and only use it to get FF and/or Chrome) so it has no previous cookies to muck things up. At least that's my thinking. After logging in.. Database error again on Headlamps forum.

I'm sorry for all the things you have to deal with here in situations like this, and this submission of my findings is only meant to try and help decipher the problem.

Thanks for all you do.

Edit to add: I can get into Fixed Lighting. Weird
    Last edited by Lite_me; 07-12-2012 at 05:31 PM.

I've tried to log in from Tapatalk (iphone), Firefox and Safari on a Mac and Firefox and IE on Windows - The PC I've never used to log onto CPF before. I can't get "New Posts" to work

I've done a full reset of FF on the Mac, no go.

Just tried tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab, no go.
    Simon... my post right before yours was posted using Tapatalk on my iPhone. I went and tested out all of the forums people have mentioned they are having problems with as well as subscribed threads, new posts, private messages, etc.

My thought is that those of you who are having issues are the ones who made posts between 2:20AM and 8AM Pacific Time - the posts that are now missing from the database. But this should not be an issue because I restored from a backup that was made before the issues happened. Again, this suggests an issue with your individual username profiles. I can try a couple of things but I hate shutting down the board to just randomly do stuff. I do have another thought... and if I am correct with that one... hmmm... I shouldn't have to shut down the board. Let me give it a shot - it's a 3 hour process that will run in the background... have patience.

Something is definately screwed up with my user account. I can be patient

Remember that my posts went missing, but my post count stayed the same. Maybe something's out of sync.

. Maybe something's out of sync.
    My guess too... but still can't figure how. Not going to worry about the "how" of it... just going to try to get it all sync'd up again. Running process now.

My thought is that those of you who are having issues are the ones who made posts between 2:20AM and 8AM Pacific Time - the posts that are now missing from the database. But this should not be an issue because I restored from a backup that was made before the issues happened. Again, this suggests an issue with your individual username profiles.
    If this somehow helps, I did not post in the Headlamps forum during that time. Or anywhere.
    "People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."

I'm having the same type of issue with the Flashlight Reviews subforum. I get a database error when I click on it if I'm logged in. Cleared the cookies for CPF and cache, no dice. I can get there fine when not logged in, but as soon as I log in the database error comes back. Just seems to be that forum, and I don't think I made any posts during the outage.
    Semper Fi

Same issue with fixed lighting - works when logged out, not when logged in.

Did the following:
    • Desktop: Tried purging browser settings (Chrome), DB error
    • Desktop: Used another browser (Firefox) which pretty much never hits CPF - same deal
    • Desktop: Used yet another browser (IE) which has never seen CPF - again gets a DB error
    • Phone: Used my phone's factory browser - can log in OK to subscribed threads, read threads in the fixed lighting forum, DB error when trying to browse
    • Phone: Used another browser (Opera Mini) which has never been used, can browse the fixed lighting forum index when logged out, get a DB error when trying to browse it logged in
    • Laptop: Chrome (the usual browser) exhibits the same symptoms ... not going to reset it since it's my daily browser and I don't want to re-enter passwords again
    • Laptop: Firefox which has never seen CPF loads up the fixed lighting index, upon login redirect, get the now-familiar DB error
    • Laptop: IE ... same situation as Firefox, same outcome

I'm running out of computers to experiment with - my other laptop (circa 2004) is buried somewhere in storage!

The desktop may have made posts during the "contagion" period; neither the phone nor the laptop did.
    Last edited by idleprocess; 07-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

... and now it's working!
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Flashaholic

Everything is working for me too.

And for me. Whatever it was that was done did the trick

Thanks Greta!

Applause and apple sauce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast