SUNWAYMAN T40CS VS THRUNITE TN31

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,I am beginner flashaholic,and up to now my only professional flashlight is the Led Lenser MT7.
anyway,in the last 2 months I try to find the best flashlight for me,and I am very confused,there are so many flashlights,so many kinds of flashlights,of batteries,of reflectorc etc.
anyway now I think I found two flashlights which fit my requirements-the Sunwayman T40CS and the Thrunite TN31.
the price of the T40CS on ebay is about 110$ however the price of the TN31 on ebay is about 220$
the Sunwayman has 800 ANSI lumens and about 440 meters ANSI throw,however the TN31 has 1100 lumens,and about 600 meter ANSI throw (all this information according to Selfbuilt reviews of those flashlights)
so,the TN31 has more 300 lumens,and 150 meters of throw than the T40CS, but it cost 110$ more than the T40CS (the TN31 cost about twice the price of the T40CS...)
so is those 300 lumens and 150 meters of throw worth paying 110$ more than the T40CS?
is the TN31 performance much better than the performance T40CS? is it worth paying 110$ more?
thanks advance and have a nice day =)

Luminater

Newly Enlightened
You can get a TN31 for $176 from a U.S. dealer with free shipping, BUT....... deal ended.

So there are available at HKE $220-$20 for CPF members then add 3 Panasonic 3100's and a sysmax charger for 30$.

IMO I will get TN31.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
You can get a TN31 for $176 from a U.S. dealer with free shipping, BUT....... deal ended.

So there are available at HKE $220-$20 for CPF members then add 3 Panasonic 3100's and a sysmax charger for 30$.

IMO I will get TN31.
what? is there any discount for CPF members on HKE? is it on the website (http://www.hkequipment.net/) or on the ebay store? how can I get this discount? can any CPF member get this discount?
and also with the -20$ discount,the TN31 cost more than the T40CS in about 80$,and it only 300 lumens and 150 meters (ANSI beam distance) more than the T40CS...so is it worth the price?
thanks advance...

GPeaslee

Newly Enlightened
Check the Dealers Corner in CPF Marketplace. ThruNite is offering a TN31 promotion which includes batteries and a charger.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
if you want lazer throw......get a Nightmaster by deerelight. I LOVE mine......crazy throw 0 spill

MT7

Newly Enlightened
if you want lazer throw......get a Nightmaster by deerelight. I LOVE mine......crazy throw 0 spill
Thanks,but those flashlights (T40CS and the TN31) look better for my needs and for my requirements.so what do you think about my question?
is the Thrunite TN31 worth the price? because it has just 300 lumens more than the T40CS,and about 150 meter of throw more than the T40CS,but the price is about 100$ more than the T40CS...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a quick look at both of these lights at the last UK CPF meet, but sadly did not get to try them out of doors.

I found the T40CS to be more to my liking, although the TN31 is better for throw and output, the barrel you hold is much bigger around, and I preferred the slimmer light. Also, the TN31 had much more spill around the hotspot, which I also didn't care for. I found the beam of the SWM T40CS to be my favourite. As for two batteries versus three, make up your own minds. I would go with the cheaper light for my tastes.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,but those flashlights (T40CS and the TN31) look better for my needs and for my requirements.so what do you think about my question?
is the Thrunite TN31 worth the price? because it has just 300 lumens more than the T40CS,and about 150 meter of throw more than the T40CS,but the price is about 100$ more than the T40CS...

Do you know how far 600m is? The light will basically allow you to see if it's a tree or a house that you're looking at. You can tell that there is someone there only if he is out in the open. 600m is faaar away. :)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,I am beginner flashaholic,and up to now my only professional flashlight is the Led Lenser MT7.
anyway,in the last 2 months I try to find the best flashlight for me,and I am very confused,there are so many flashlights,so many kinds of flashlights,of batteries,of reflectorc etc.
anyway now I think I found two flashlights which fit my requirements-the Sunwayman T40CS and the Thrunite TN31.
the price of the T40CS on ebay is about 110$ however the price of the TN31 on ebay is about 220$
the Sunwayman has 800 ANSI lumens and about 440 meters ANSI throw,however the TN31 has 1100 lumens,and about 600 meter ANSI throw (all this information according to Selfbuilt reviews of those flashlights)
so,the TN31 has more 300 lumens,and 150 meters of throw than the T40CS, but it cost 110$ more than the T40CS (the TN31 cost about twice the price of the T40CS...)
so is those 300 lumens and 150 meters of throw worth paying 110$ more than the T40CS?
is the TN31 performance much better than the performance T40CS? is it worth paying 110$ more?

I own both the t40cs and the tn31 and they are both awesome lights. the tn31 is heavier then the t40cs and harder to hold due to the fat battery tube. the tn31 does beat the t40cs in throw by a good amount but the t40cs lights up more at a far distance because the hotspot is twice as big. if your going to use it for a long time at once the t40cs is what i would grab. but if the absolute best throw is what u need the tn31 is hard to beat.

Last edited:

MT7

Newly Enlightened
I own both the t40cs and the tn31 and they are both awesome lights. the tn31 is heavier then the t40cs and harder to hold due to the fat battery tube. the tn31 does beat the t40cs in throw by a good amount but the t40cs lights up more at a far distance because the hotspot is twice as big. if your going to use it for a long time at once the t40cs is what i would grab. but if the absolute best throw is what u need the tn31 is hard to beat.

are you think that the TN31 worth the money? (the price of the TN31 is 110$ more than the T40CS,this is about twice the price of the T40CS)]
the size doesen't matter for me,and of course that I prefer a flashlight which has 300LM more,and more throw,but I can not decide if the TN31 worth the price,because the T40CS also look awesome,and the price of the T40CS is about half the price of the TN31...
so are you think that the better performance of the TN31 worth the price?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing to consider is how you plan on carrying the light. The Sunwayman is a good size for belt carry.

The Thrunite sounds like a monster must have thrower.

CPF solution is get both lights.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you think that the TN31 worth the money? (the price of the TN31 is 110$ more than the T40CS,this is about twice the price of the T40CS)]
the size doesen't matter for me,and of course that I prefer a flashlight which has 300LM more,and more throw,but I can not decide if the TN31 worth the price,because the T40CS also look awesome,and the price of the T40CS is about half the price of the TN31...
so are you think that the better performance of the TN31 worth the price?

then i would go for the tn31. the quality is outstanding and the control ring is so easy to use and you can change modes with one hand. the light feels a lot more solid then the t40cs and it comes is a fancy case :rock: ya i would say its worth it paying the extra money for the tn31 if size and weight is not an issue.

keenism

Newly Enlightened
Pretty simple really, if 220 is in your budget...and you want a THROWER...TN31 no question. Then again I got one and there is nothing far away enough to use it on....still fun though :D

Honestly the T40CS would probably do what you need, but would you be settling?....I don't think thats the CPF way.

edit: just a quick warning. people WILL find who lit their living room up at 1am from a block away.....

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
TN31 no doubt! SWM's T40CS is a nice looking light, just doesnt throw as good as the TN31.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
then i would go for the tn31. the quality is outstanding and the control ring is so easy to use and you can change modes with one hand. the light feels a lot more solid then the t40cs and it comes is a fancy case :rock: ya i would say its worth it paying the extra money for the tn31 if size and weight is not an issue.

TN31 no doubt! SWM's T40CS is a nice looking light, just doesnt throw as good as the TN31.

yes, I know that the TN31 is better thrower than the T40CS,the performance of the TN31 is better,but I am not sure if the better throw and output worth paying 110$ more than the T40CS.
my question isn't about the performance of the TN31,because I sure that the output and the throw of the TN31 are better than the output and the throw of the T40CS,but the price of the TN31 is 110$ more than the T40CS (about twice the price of the T40CS) and I'm not sure if it worth the money?
so what do you think?
is the TN31 worth paying 110$ than the T40CS?
thanks advance...

keenism

Newly Enlightened
Well, another way to look at it...the TN31 almost up there with the SR9x lights that run $400? And people sure think they're worth it(though the battery packs have kept me from going near them).

edit: (assuming you don't own 18650's) BTW...you need to re-read some other posts. You get FREE batteries and a charger apparently in a tn31 bundle... t40cs' $110 price is without batteries correct?, if so add $40 or so to the price.

Last edited:

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Well, another way to look at it...the TN31 almost up there with the SR9x lights that run $400? And people sure think they're worth it(though the battery packs have kept me from going near them).

edit: (assuming you don't own 18650's) BTW...you need to re-read some other posts. You get FREE batteries and a charger apparently in a tn31 bundle... t40cs' $110 price is without batteries correct?, if so add $40 or so to the price.
Where can I get this bundle?
in HK equipment (I want to buy from HKE because they have -20$ discount for CPF members),there are only a bundle of the TN31+Ultrafire batteries cnd charger,it's not safe enough. or there are another bundle with Panasonic batteries,but they aren't protected batteries.I thought to buy Xtar 18650 protected batteries,and XTAR WPII 2 charger because they are very safe.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It almost sounds as if you are wanting to go with the SWM to keep cost down...trying to justify the extra $100 for the TN...which tells me that maybe you really shouldn't be spending that much right now. I would say hold out a bit longer....save some more money so that it won't be a burden if you do decide on the Thrunite. Honestly I don't think you would be disappointed with either light but you should get the one you really want. Like The Driver said....600m is a loooong way to see....to me it's almost comical as you would need field glasses (binoculars) to see what you are lighting up other than vehicles and buildings... one-half of a mile distance.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've asked 4 different times if it's worth the price difference and had many answers, but only you can make that decision based on your finances. As lightfooted said, if you have to ask over and again if it's worth it, maybe it's not for you.