buying flashlight in china

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me the Sunwayman T40CS in the near future,and the price of this flashlight on ebay is about 110$ include shipping to my state
(I live outside the US)
anyway,I am going to be in china in the next several months (in Beijing) so I thought to wait and buy the T40CS when I will be in the tour in china,
so,is the price of chineese flashlights (Sunwayman,thrunite,etc. not XXXfire flashlights) in china much lower than the price fo those flashlights on ebay?
for exempale,is the price of the Sunwayman T40CS in stores in china itself,much lower than the price of the T40Cs on ebay?
and is there any risk of buying Counterfeit product if I buying in china? are there fakes of chineese flashlights (sunwayman,jetbeam etc. not ultrafire or any XXXfire) in china?
is the risk of buying fake product worth the much lower price?
thanks advance and have a nice day =)

MT7

Newly Enlightened
You may try www.taobao.com, the ebay for china.
Average price for T40CS around 780rmb.
It's about the same price. on ebay the price of the Sunwayman T40CS is about 110$,and 780RMB=120$.
thanks anyway.
but I didn't ask about buying from chineese website,I am talking about buying chineese flashlgiht (Sunwayman,not XXXfire brands) on stores in china,because I going to be in tour in china.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you can find such an expensive flashlight in any store in China.

I've been to China about a dozen times, although not in the last 2 years. I've never seen a higher end light for sale. The "silk street" market (now a ~6 story building) has electronics on one of the upper floors and is aimed towards tourists. That is the place I would start. Someone there may be able to get you one - but it may be fake. Myself, I preferred the watches (Ch-Omegas) and sunglasses (Ch-Oakleys) there.

I only know of one person who bought a potentially "medium-end" flashlight in China. He was from Germany and bought a light that runs on a 18650 and has an aspheric lens. The switch was flakey though.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about Beijing but in shanghai I saw some nitecores in an outdoor shop.
The prices were around USA prices.
Bottom line. If its not cheaper in taobao it definitely won't be cheaper in a retail store.
The fake market will have at best ultrafires.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Chinese market is generally an export based market.
You may find items in Hong Kong if you are there. I do not know the mall but there is a place that sells Photographic equipment and has consumer electronics

Dankung

Newly Enlightened

so,is the price of chineese flashlights (Sunwayman,thrunite,etc. not XXXfire flashlights) in china much lower than the price fo those flashlights on ebay?

--No, definitely the retail price in China is a little higher than in USA because the high-end flashlight are mainly for Exporting. but if you have a bulk purchase, the price is very well.

for exempale,is the price of the Sunwayman T40CS in stores in china itself,much lower than the price of the T40Cs on ebay?
--NO

and is there any risk of buying Counterfeit product if I buying in china? are there fakes of chineese flashlights (sunwayman,jetbeam etc. not ultrafire or any XXXfire) in china?

---Yes, many Counterfeit flashlights are listed on webshops and retailer shops. A Chinese flashlight fan know where to buy the genuine products.

is the risk of buying fake product worth the much lower price?
thanks advance and have a nice day =)

--that's for sure.

Hope that helps

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you can find such an expensive flashlight in any [size=+1]store[/size] in China.

Are you sure?
what about Sunwayman? Jetbeam? thrunite?

Not many people in China can afford to buy flashlight for such a high price.
Some do and get them from online.
Most of China made high class flashlights are for international market.
BTW, situation on different part of China might be different.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not many people in China can afford to buy flashlight for such a high price.
BTW, situation on different part of China might be different.
You sure?

"Last year emerging Asia accounted for around 50% of global luxury sales, most of which came from China. The Chinese probably spent more on luxury than the Americans and Europeans combined."
http://www.businessinsider.com/luxury-demand-china-2011-10

The main reason the rich Chinese do not shop in China is the large amount of counterfeit goods there. They rather travel to Rome and Paris to the flagship stores of the famous makes to make sure they get the genuine stuff.

The other reason you do not see a lot of high end flashlights in China is they are not considered luxury goods unless supplied in gift boxes for brown nosers.
It took 4sevens a couple of years to persuade Fenix North Americans USE their flashlights and do not need gift boxes.
Dereelight still ships theirs in gift boxes.
By the time you get your flashlight in a fancy gift box at a luxury store it won't be cheaper than buying online.
If you see it much cheaper over there it is likely to be FACTORY REJECTS or counterfeit.