LA Police Gear
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Ok...I'm hooked!

  1. #1

    Default Ok...I'm hooked!

    New here to hi-tech flashlights, they certainly are a technological ART form! I've already purchased JetBeam RRT-3, Fenix 41, Nitecore TM11 and more on the way. What occurs to me is the need to store them in some protective hardshell case. I've read the forums and have not come across any suggestions for the appropriate type such as a Pelikan or similar. Also, I've acquired a number of 18650 cells and am looking for a case (more than cheap plastic for 2). Any suggestions will be appreciated. This forum is a great resource! I wonder if there is a printed (I'm old school) magazine for this hobby? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Retired Administrator Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gippsland Australia
    Posts
    9,017

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Quote Originally Posted by amham View Post
    I wonder if there is a printed (I'm old school) magazine for this hobby? Thanks!


    An old thread on the subject.

    Norm

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    amham,
    Search "show your Pelican Set up". Lots of stuff! Really nice!

    P.S. Prepare to drool!


  4. #4
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!



    Storage options for flashlights and accessories is a hobby on top of a hobby. So far, I filled 1 big tackle box, a big and a small plastic toolbox and at least 2 plano boxes and I'm still running out of space. Some people even buy or recuperate display cases.
    Cataract, Shiny things specialist.
    Google Map for CPF

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Me too! I'm really hooked. Check this out. "Psss-t-t-tttt. Don't tell anyone!!!" I'm at work - security. Brought my SF 6P, UF 501B and 502B an old beaten up white cotton T-shirt which I'm cutting up in strips, some lube, a handful of Q-tips, 6 X Samsung 18650s 2200mAh, a bottle of OFR spray cleaner, a charger and a DMM. I'm Bluetooth-ing my laptop to my Droid 3 to log-in to CPF while looking at a 3 monitors times 9 camera views (27 views in all). I'm expecting the UF C8 on this coming Monday/Tuesday an I'm arranging my schedule - NOW - to be available when the mailman rolls through. And I've only just begun.

    This is NOT right!!!!

  6. #6
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,796

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    It's amazing how much more fun something can be when you find several thousand people who also enjoy it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Only been involved for about a month and have already aquired a Nitecore TM11, Fenix TK41, JetBeam RTT-3, Olight M21X, Xtar S1...tell me this is not FLASHCRACK!

    I'm now evaluating for quality, hopefully longevity, utility and funfactor. May keep some, sell others and aquire more. Thanks to all who repsonded particularly the case thread suggestions. Using a Pelican 1470 to great advantage.


    It helps to be retired and have the time/funds to pursue my hobby addictions. As my wife admits, better than a motorcycle!

  8. #8
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,796

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    That...kinda went to an uncomfortable place.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Quote Originally Posted by amham View Post
    Only been involved for about a month and have already aquired a Nitecore TM11, Fenix TK41, JetBeam RTT-3, Olight M21X, Xtar S1...tell me this is not FLASHCRACK!

    I'm now evaluating for quality, hopefully longevity, utility and funfactor. May keep some, sell others and aquire more. Thanks to all who repsonded particularly the case thread suggestions. Using a Pelican 1470 to great advantage.


    It helps to be retired and have the time/funds to pursue my hobby addictions. As my wife admits, better than a motorcycle!
    Yeah, you're done for! At least you're not alone! This is a great place to hang out and have a lot of fun, but with that fun comes a little of and , certainly some . Most of the time it's all !!
    Better than a motorcycle? Maybe. I'd still buy the helmet, for the days when you feel like !

    This place is AWESOME!!!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    I hope I don't get hooked myself, as I'm in the process of building up my first custom Maglite, and I'm already wanting to pick up some other Surefire stuff.

    I already have BRD, and 1911 disease; and I just got over Glockitis. Don't need another, LOL.

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Quote Originally Posted by muad View Post
    I hope I don't get hooked myself, as I'm in the process of building up my first custom Maglite, and I'm already wanting to pick up some other Surefire stuff.

    I already have BRD, and 1911 disease; and I just got over Glockitis. Don't need another, LOL.
    Bad news: you subscribed to CPF. This means you are waaaayyyyyy passed the point of no return. The good news is you're now ready to have more fun with your new addiction.
    Cataract, Shiny things specialist.
    Google Map for CPF

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ok...I'm hooked!

    Quote Originally Posted by muad View Post
    I hope I don't get hooked myself, as I'm in the process of building up my first custom Maglite, and I'm already wanting to pick up some other Surefire stuff.

    I already have BRD, and 1911 disease; and I just got over Glockitis. Don't need another, LOL.

    The good news is that you can buy a lot of nice lights for the cost of just one of those black rifles or 1911s.

    The bad news is that you'll still end up spending just as much (or more) money overall!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •