Ok...I'm hooked!

amham

Newly Enlightened
New here to hi-tech flashlights, they certainly are a technological ART form! I've already purchased JetBeam RRT-3, Fenix 41, Nitecore TM11 and more on the way. What occurs to me is the need to store them in some protective hardshell case. I've read the forums and have not come across any suggestions for the appropriate type such as a Pelikan or similar. Also, I've acquired a number of 18650 cells and am looking for a case (more than cheap plastic for 2). Any suggestions will be appreciated. This forum is a great resource! I wonder if there is a printed (I'm old school) magazine for this hobby? Thanks!

Up All Night

Enlightened
amham,
Search "show your Pelican Set up". Lots of stuff! Really nice!

P.S. Prepare to drool!:faint:

:welcome:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Storage options for flashlights and accessories is a hobby on top of a hobby. So far, I filled 1 big tackle box, a big and a small plastic toolbox and at least 2 plano boxes and I'm still running out of space. Some people even buy or recuperate display cases.

QuePsi83

Newly Enlightened
Me too! I'm really hooked. Check this out. "Psss-t-t-tttt. Don't tell anyone!!!" I'm at work - security. Brought my SF 6P, UF 501B and 502B an old beaten up white cotton T-shirt which I'm cutting up in strips, some lube, a handful of Q-tips, 6 X Samsung 18650s 2200mAh, a bottle of OFR spray cleaner, a charger and a DMM. I'm Bluetooth-ing my laptop to my Droid 3 to log-in to CPF while looking at a 3 monitors times 9 camera views (27 views in all). I'm expecting the UF C8 on this coming Monday/Tuesday an I'm arranging my schedule - NOW - to be available when the mailman rolls through. And I've only just begun.

This is NOT right!!!!

amham

Newly Enlightened
Only been involved for about a month and have already aquired a Nitecore TM11, Fenix TK41, JetBeam RTT-3, Olight M21X, Xtar S1...tell me this is not FLASHCRACK!

I'm now evaluating for quality, hopefully longevity, utility and funfactor. May keep some, sell others and aquire more. Thanks to all who repsonded particularly the case thread suggestions. Using a Pelican 1470 to great advantage.

It helps to be retired and have the time/funds to pursue my hobby addictions. As my wife admits, better than a motorcycle!

Up All Night

Enlightened
Only been involved for about a month and have already aquired a Nitecore TM11, Fenix TK41, JetBeam RTT-3, Olight M21X, Xtar S1...tell me this is not FLASHCRACK!

I'm now evaluating for quality, hopefully longevity, utility and funfactor. May keep some, sell others and aquire more. Thanks to all who repsonded particularly the case thread suggestions. Using a Pelican 1470 to great advantage.

It helps to be retired and have the time/funds to pursue my hobby addictions. As my wife admits, better than a motorcycle!

Yeah, you're done for! At least you're not alone! This is a great place to hang out and have a lot of fun, but with that fun comes a little of :hairpull: and :mecry:, certainly some :shakehead. Most of the time it's all :twothumbs!!
Better than a motorcycle? Maybe. I'd still buy the helmet, for the days when you feel like :banghead: !

This place is AWESOME!!!

muad

Newly Enlightened
I hope I don't get hooked myself, as I'm in the process of building up my first custom Maglite, and I'm already wanting to pick up some other Surefire stuff.

I already have BRD, and 1911 disease; and I just got over Glockitis. Don't need another, LOL.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I don't get hooked myself, as I'm in the process of building up my first custom Maglite, and I'm already wanting to pick up some other Surefire stuff.

I already have BRD, and 1911 disease; and I just got over Glockitis. Don't need another, LOL.

Bad news: you subscribed to CPF. This means you are waaaayyyyyy passed the point of no return. The good news is you're now ready to have more fun with your new addiction.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

The good news is that you can buy a lot of nice lights for the cost of just one of those black rifles or 1911s.

The bad news is that you'll still end up spending just as much (or more) money overall!