Old school stuff (a flashlight for real men produces 10 lm max!)

baxtrom

Newly Enlightened
Hi all flashlight enthusiasts,
I figured there are too many tactical anodized titanium 500 lm+ light monsters around here at cpf, so in order to balance the forum I provide a couple of snapshots of some ol' timer flashlights. You know, the kind of flashlight Bogart would use in Casablanca. Or perhaps Chaplin in Moder Times.. :D

DSCN4720_small.jpg

Most still work, like this german 1930's piece of technological marvel with adjustable focus and a dazzling 4,5 V power pack:

DSCN4719_small.jpg

So long for now :wave:

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome:

Your images are too large.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
That is a lovely collection you have there! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to hear more about the history of any of those pieces. :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you for posting these photographs !

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

baxtrom

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys :twothumbs
I'll try to dig up some info. The german tube lamp is a Pertrix 530, and I guess it's from around the time of the Berlin Olympics (1936), that's at least what this site suggests (in dutch I believe, but google translate works fine). Mine is a 3 D-cell version, bigger is better you know. :naughty:

There's another Pertrix in the first photo, the standing flashlight with a red knob. I think that's a 678, a military model possibly from the wwii era.

The olive green bottom right light is a Swedish military light with the "three crowns" national emblem.

baxtrom

Newly Enlightened
These are 3R12 battery lights, all in working order. The front one is the same as on the first pic extreme right (unknown brand).

DSCN4735_small.jpg

Fig 1.

DSCN4725_small.jpg

Fig 2. Unknown brand, detail

DSCN4736_small.jpg

Fig 3. Glass lense detail

DSCN4723_small.jpg

Fig 4. A "Daimon" on the left, a swedish "JEAB" on the right.

Last edited:

baxtrom

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing. :welcome:

Great stuff!

Jeff

Thanks guys! :clap:
The collection's been collecting dust in a box in the attic for some years, but I recently started getting into flashlights again. I bought most of them going with my parents to antiques fairs and auctions when I was a kid.

If anyone else wants to show off grandpa's flashlights, please feel free to do so in this thread :)

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
wow eye opening! i never know flashlight look like a liquor bottle back then, holy nice! love it! The torch looks cool too, the godfather of maglight, haha

baxtrom

Newly Enlightened
I was lucky to find a military Pertrix 529, stamped "sv", in working condition. :grin2:
It's a 2 D-cell version and is shown together with my 3 D-cell civilian Pertrix.
I don't know what "sv" stands for, but if I should make a wild-n-crazy guess it could be short for Sverige, "Sweden". Perhaps Pertrix made flashlights not only for the German Wehrmacht but also the Swedish army. But I'm just guessing.

RSCN4747_small.jpg

DSCN4748_small.jpg