Mr. Elfin Neutral

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my M11R neutral special edition yesterday :hitit:.

Talk about neutral! the beam looks white and the color rendition seems better than my V11R high CRI -most likely because the warm tint of the high CRI does show browns browner than normal. The last neutrals I bought where a little on the flat and cool side, but this is more like the older neutrals I have.

I thought the V11R high CRI was my dream EDC but now I'm not so sure anymore... I have to say the 3 modes on the M11R are very well thought out (the low is more like 0,04 lumens not 4 lumens, then 60 lumens medium and 180 lumen high on primaries and 230 with RCR's... although since this is a neutral emitter, there is likely a 10% decrease on those numbers).

It's great as an EDC, but I'm still relying on the 100% variable output of the V11R for bedtime tasks (or multi-multi-mode lights like my Zebra), since 60 lumens can be a little brutal at that time. I still have to try out the low at night, which should be low enough for my taste. The full rotary still has a lot of advantages and won't be taken off my daily rotation anytime soon (was that a pun? :duh2:)

I have to thank Jason for coming through with these special runs. At first I wasn't sure I'd take the M11R neutral, but now I know I would have regretted not jumping in.

Does anyone have any runtime/output readings on the M11R with an AA battery in it? I'm starting to think this could be a good hiking backup if the runtime on medium is anything proportional to what it is with lithiums (10 hours @ 60 lumens :eek:oo: If you ain't back to camp after that long, ya ain't goin' back ta camp!) although 14500's still can fit in there... so many options! :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Glad you like it! Are you saying a V11R Neutral is perfect? :)

I'll do a runtime of 1xAA on medium for you but it will take a few days... Unless someone else has?

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
i'm super impressed with my m11r neutral - it arrived today and i've been carrying it around, even forgot it was in my pocket! even after reading all the reviews, it's still surprising how small it is in person. the only weak spot i can see is the screws holding the clip in are slightly taller than the butt of the light, making it a bit wobbly when tail standing.

it's still way too bright to check out the levels and coloring, but i'm really liking the size and shape, natural anodizing, and it's a great complement to my m30r t6.

i was originally thinking to find a high cri v11r coupled with an m11r battery tube, using the lock out as an on off switch, but this m11r neutral will do nicely. :)

Last edited:

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I'm a spanish flashaholic. Please, Where can I buy a V11R or a M11R with neutral light? I do not find a store with these options .... :wave:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it! Are you saying a V11R Neutral is perfect? :)

I haven't had a chance to do much color rendition testing, but with this LED it probably would be

I'll do a runtime of 1xAA on medium for you but it will take a few days... Unless someone else has?

Thanks! It will certainy run for a while. I'm wondering about the output as well, but I really should dig out my extender and try it.

[...] the only weak spot i can see is the screws holding the clip in are slightly taller than the butt of the light, making it a bit wobbly when tail standing.
[...]

I noticed the same thing, but with the clip off it stands perfectly. There should be enough room on the screws to sand them a bit and take care of that problem, though.

[...]
i was originally thinking to find a high cri v11r coupled with an m11r battery tube, using the lock out as an on off switch, but this m11r neutral will do nicely. :)

I find the M11R to be a better "in case" EDC than the V11R, but the V11R is a better specific use light. This will force me to have more rotation on my weekend EDC :)

Check out hidcanada.com

+1 That's the only place you'll find it

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Lowest modes using Li-ion:

d83a1a2a-ffca-042f.jpg

From left to right:
Sunwayman V11R
"another light"
Sunwayman V11R High CRI
Sunwayman V10R Ti+
Sunwayman M11R Premium Edition
Jetbeam RRT-01
Jetbeam TCR1

I just love the TCR1!

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
M11r Premium has very well spaced modes, the lowes is somewhere between .2 and 2 lumens. The tint is a real nice nuetral
r5 left, m11r nuetral middle and and v11r hi cri right
826cf95a.jpg

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
It's about the glow of a good GITD green powder after 10 hours. Not sure how it would be measured in lumens :)

I think I can post a pic of the light now...

4ac60987-8380-a5eb.jpg

4ac60987-83a3-1148.jpg

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about the glow of a good GITD green powder after 10 hours. Not sure how it would be measured in lumens :)
[...]

So it does not really give useful light at that level, I guess... more of a "find in the dark" feature. I might have to get one of those when my budget clears.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
So it does not really give useful light at that level, I guess... more of a "find in the dark" feature. I might have to get one of those when my budget clears.

The TCR1 starts ultra low whereas the RRT-01 starts low but you can dial back to ultra low.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TCR1 starts ultra low whereas the RRT-01 starts low but you can dial back to ultra low.

Thanks for this info, I will certainly give that a thought before I pick a model.