EagleTac Customer Service Is Bad

firefightergotoguy

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I've only had to return a light to Pelican and I was pleased. It took a few months but they sent it back to me with all new parts. Pelican customer for life now

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only had to return lights to HKequipment and I was pleased. Great customer service! Cant recommend them enough.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure why this thread was started, as the author doesnt mention anything, other than to start a thread with the title, "ET customer service is bad". Did you have a bad experience with ET?

I see that 2 other posters left posts, but one guy seems to be talking about Pelican lights, which doesnt seem to relate to Eagletac lights at all... The customer service at the stores that sell these lights is separate and different than the customer service from the manufacturer. I've had zero significant issues with sellers, and I've bought like 20 lights now, plus accessories.

I was thinking this subject in the last several days though, as I just had a less-than-positive experience with ET cust service over the last few days. I tried to get a diffuser for my ET G25C2, and when I bought the light, the only option to get a diffuser was to buy the entire kit which included mostly stuff that I didnt want, like the 2 spare extender tubes for more batteries, and the colored lenses. But the Diffuser didnt seem to be sold separately anywhere else.

So I called 2 stores and was told they couldnt sell parts from the kits, they had to sell the whole kit. So I strated a thread in the cpf market asking for a diffuser. Then I contacted ET cust. serv. and got an email telling me they'd sell me the diffuser for $7.99 + shipping, and that all I needed to do was send the money to paypal, so I did just that.

The next day, I get another email from ET cust. serv. saying that the price of the Diffuser isnt $7.99, its $27.99! So I checked the original email to see if I just got the price wrong, but I didnt, it clearly said $7.99, which makes sense, considering the entire kit costs $35, which includes 2 separate battery extender tubes, and lenses, etc., so how could just the darn diffuser be $27.99?

So I emailed them back asking why the diffuser is $27.99, when the entire kit is $35, and they sent me an email denying the existence of the kit! They say there IS NO kit! So I go back to goinggear and illuminationgear sites, and BOTH of whom sell these kits from ET for $35 and $35.99 respectively.

So then they email me telling me that these stores arent supposed to be selling these kits or something, even though ET sells them these kits, which makes no sense at all. Maybe they are trying to say that the kits are supposed to be way more expensive than $35, but obviously they can sell these kits for a profit at $35, so why would ET expect them to jack these prices way up? I mean, if just the diffuser costs $27.99 according to ET, then how much must they expect the entire kit to be sold for $79, $100? Asking $27.99 for a small piece of aluminum with a hinge, when clearly the stores are able to sell these at a profit as a kit for only $7 more is price gouging.

Who is going to buy this for that much money? I dont know of any other manufacturer out of the 30 or so that make LED lights that charge this much for basic parts.

So then, after telling me they got the initial price wrong, and that its $27.99, and after I emailed them asking for my money back, they inform me that they have sent me a lens for $7.99! I never asked for a lens! I asked for a "diffuser", and I even described it in detail to them as to what I needed, which was the little aluminum frame and the frosted lens without the colored lenses or the battery tubes.

Lets break down the price for this stuff real quick: The want $7.99 for each little plastic lens, and there are about 4-5 in the kit. Then the diffuser for $27.99, plus the 2 battery tubes, which after being machined, anodized, tapped and died, must cost around $25-$30 apiece, so the cost of the kit must now be around $117.99! What?

But the bright side of this story was goinggear.com, who agreed to sell me an aluminum diffuser for my light without the colored lenses, battery tubes, etc, for the same price I was quoted by ET initially, $7.99.

Great customer service at goinggear.

Note: I actually really like the Eagletac lights, and I own 2 now. The G25C2 is a great light, and I've typed posts here praising it as recently as this morning, and although I originally had difficulty with the erroneous instructions that came with the D25A Ti and D25C Ti as far as the tail cap removal is concerned, I like my D25C Ti that I now own. So there's no problems with their lights as far as I've seen.

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
I had a problem with my M3C4 Tri R5. It happened from the first startup. Two leds appeared fine and the third was consistently lazy ( to the point on low of being off ). Mentioned this to the supplier, and the torch was returned for a claim.
It was duely returned ( resplendant with new head ) a few days later, and to this day, has performed faultlessly!! I own three M3C4 versions ( tri r5, sst50, 1 x xml ) and some 18650 and AAA versions. I dont have any qualms about ET service and would happily buy more.
I am NOT affiliated in any way with ET or their Aussie distributor or anyone else for that matter.
Mike.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a problem with my M3C4 Tri R5. It happened from the first startup. Two leds appeared fine and the third was consistently lazy ( to the point on low of being off ). Mentioned this to the supplier, and the torch was returned for a claim.
It was duely returned ( resplendant with new head ) a few days later, and to this day, has performed faultlessly!! I own three M3C4 versions ( tri r5, sst50, 1 x xml ) and some 18650 and AAA versions. I dont have any qualms about ET service and would happily buy more.
I am NOT affiliated in any way with ET or their Aussie distributor or anyone else for that matter.
Mike.

What I get from your post is that you returned the light to the seller you bought it from. Thats the case with 1 or 2 other posters above too. Thats different. That reflects on the customer service of the seller, not the manufacturer(Eagletac). What the OP and myself are talking about is when you have to deal directly with Eagletac.... Some of us have had issues when dealing directly with them. I've never had any remotely significant problems with any sellers/dealers, as you just return your light to them shortly after you buy it if there is a problem, and they swap lights with you or give you a refund. But if you keep the light for months, and then have a problem, then you usually must deal with the manufacturer. I have only had to return 1 light so far, out of about 20, but now it looks like I may need to return another(Fenix TK41).

harro

Enlightened
What I get from your post is that you returned the light to the seller you bought it from. Thats the case with 1 or 2 other posters above too. Thats different. That reflects on the customer service of the seller, not the manufacturer(Eagletac). What the OP and myself are talking about is when you have to deal directly with Eagletac.... Some of us have had issues when dealing directly with them. I've never had any remotely significant problems with any sellers/dealers, as you just return your light to them shortly after you buy it if there is a problem, and they swap lights with you or give you a refund. But if you keep the light for months, and then have a problem, then you usually must deal with the manufacturer. I have only had to return 1 light so far, out of about 20, but now it looks like I may need to return another(Fenix TK41).

Oh, sorry HighlanderNorth, yes, thats correct. I dealt with the Aus. dealer, not ET direct. My bad. On re-reading your post, i understand your POV. I guess we're lucky to have good dealers to purchase from. Good luck with your TK41.
Best Regards;
Mike.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
EagleTac decided to do the right thing and replace my M3C4 with a new one that apparently is driven a lot harder. This one is probably brighter than my SR51. And it is nick free which is what I had before they messed with my other one. So thank you EagleTac.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ET dealer for us, Todd at Illuminationgear has been nothing but solid. And at least for us, so has our direct contact with ET. Had an instance for an older light that we wanted a new switch cover for, as the wife had worn it down through use, so contacted ET and in a short time after a single email, they sent us a few of them, no charge. Had a switch go bad as well, that they also replaced for a minimal charge. A couple bucks. Todd also replaced another for us on another light without any issues. No trouble buying from ET or their dealer network.

damnDSM

Newly Enlightened
Let me begin by saying that the p20c2 MKII (XP-G) is still may favorite EDC light. I had an issue with the clicky switch early on, and they mailed me a new one the same week free of charge. This was better CS than I expected, and I have praised them for 2-3years.

However,
Over the last few months, the light has failed to select through the modes and only comes on in the medium setting because of the contact ring or a failing circuit on the drop-in. They want me ship the light to Hong Kong for repairs, cheapest S&h I could find to Kowloon was $39... And now I can't help but feel kind of suckered by their "120 month warranty", mainly because I could buy an upgraded XM-L drop-in for less money, and it would get here faster.

Am I being one of those self-entitled customers?

I replied to the person I have been in communications with, and I am waiting on a response.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I being one of those self-entitled customers?
Hi, what do you mean by this quote, i dont understand it?

What's your country and who was your seller? (via PM? thx)

You can ship the drop-in only (well protected in a round mini container):

That's cheaper than posting the full heavy flashlight. Of course they are interested in knowing which part failed in the circuitry. While they are examining the item (takes time, to-do-list priority), they are most likely to send you a FREE brand new LED module as replacement.

damnDSM

Newly Enlightened
Hi, what do you mean by this quote, i dont understand it?

What's your country and who was your seller? (via PM? thx)

You can ship the drop-in only (well protected in a round mini container)

That's cheaper than posting the full heavy flashlight. Of course they are interested in knowing which part failed in the circuitry. While they are examining the item (takes time, to-do-list priority), they are most likely to send you a FREE brand new LED module as replacement.

by self-entitled, I meant that I think I deserve better treatment than I am getting. I feel like I am being reasonable and logical... My question was, am I wrong?

spending $30+ for s&h and waiting 14+days to get my light back, when a new drop-in costs $28 and could be delivered to my door in 48hours, makes me feel like ET's warranty is useless. I don't think any customer would be OK with this, unless they lived near Hong Kong. These feelings of being mislead is partially because I purchased the light directly from ET's website, which has USA in the URL... (is that cryptic enough for the forum rules?)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....makes me feel like ET's warranty is useless. I don't think any customer would be OK with this, unless they lived near Hong Kong. These feelings of being mislead is partially because I purchased the light directly from ET's website, which has USA in the URL... (is that cryptic enough for the forum rules?)

I agree with long warranties being kinda useless if you're in the US and have deal with shipping back to Asia.... that's why I like Foursevens with their US-based HQ and CS. I bought a few of the ET D25A Ti clickies and quite like them, but one of the reasons was that US retailer - lightjunction - takes responsibility for handling customer warranty service, including the shipping back to Asia thing. So far, in my dealings with LJ, they've been absolutely great.

damnDSM

Newly Enlightened
Got another reply from EagleTac Support in Hong Kong. They are still only willing to replace or repair the circuit if I mail it to them (USPS = $39.xx)

UGH. Their customer service isn't necessarily unsatisfactory IMO, but their 120month warranty is virtually a gimmick if you live in the US (because of shipping)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy Asian lights from Light Junction...

After 14 days of purchase, while the product is covered by manufacturer warranty, we handle the warranty service on behalf of the manufacturer. We will try our best to repair the product in our in-house workshop. In the past, we are able to fix about 80% of issues in our workshop. When a product needs to be shipped back to factory for repair, LigtJunction will cover the expensive international shipping. We will keep you informed of the status of the repair. The customer pays for shipping the product to and back from LightJunction.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats pretty awesome! but my light is over a year old, and would only be covered by the manufacturers 10year warranty. I just wish ET had a service center in the US.

From my reading of their written policy, LightJunction still handles it as long as the Manufacturer's warranty is valid (ie, for 10yrs on Eagletac's).

BTW, LJ has great pricing, CPF discounts, and customer service.