Question about the Sunwayman v10r

chrisbfu

Newly Enlightened
I'm still new to this forum, so bare with me. I just purchased the Sunwayman V10r and noticed when I turn it on, there is a black spot in the beam.
Is this something that happens with this light, or should I contact Sunwayman, or the site it bought it from?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still new to this forum, so bare with me. I just purchased the Sunwayman V10r and noticed when I turn it on, there is a black spot in the beam.
Is this something that happens with this light, or should I contact Sunwayman, or the site it bought it from?

Can you possibly post a picture of the beam please?

yliu

Enlightened
Uhmm.... are you holding it really close to some sort of surface when you checked the beam? It could be a donut hole, but that only happens when you are like 5cm away from the wall.

Picture would be appreciated.

chrisbfu

Newly Enlightened
Uhmm.... are you holding it really close to some sort of surface when you checked the beam? It could be a donut hole, but that only happens when you are like 5cm away from the wall.

Picture would be appreciated.

I'm about 5 feet from the wall, it doesn't appear to be from the LED. I can't really get a good photo of it. It's a faint black spot in the beam.

yliu

Enlightened
Is it in the middle of the beam, then it should be a donut hole. But it doesn't happen with neither my M10R and my V10R.

There could be something with the optics, I'd say bring it back to where u bought it and hopefully you can get a replacement.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
What kind of battery are you using, and do you see this dark spot when going through the brightness levels on the light the entire time?