Phoenix Electroforms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitecore MT series

Default Nitecore MT series

Anyone knows some details regarding the MT series? I dont understand the UI. The man from the below video says that the lights are copies of the Jetbeam P-series now rebranded as Nitecore and repriced similar to the Jetbeam B-series. It is also known that the Klarus P-series were outsourced to the Jetbeam factories (SYSMAX). Wow. Now we got a market full of similar lights all produced from the same site: Klarus P-series, Jetbeam P-series, Jetbeam B-series, Nitecore MT-series

(dear mods, please remove the video link if it is not allowed to be shared thx)

Flashaholic

Default Re: Nitecore MT series

Woah, that explains a lot about the quality.

NC have announced that they're planning to introduce some more flashlights with unconventional UI before the New Year. If we count in the Sens series, this must be the follow-up.

Cheers

I never get why companies do this. It seems to make much more sense to establish one brand name and make it great. Now they're just doing triple marketing...

Quote Originally Posted by gopajti View Post
    The MT40 looks identical to the JETbeam BC10.
    MT25 looks similar to BC25.
    MT2A looks similat to PA20
    MT1C looks similar to PC10
    MT1A looks similar to PA10
    MT2C looks similar to PC20

The only difference is that JETbeam is using T6 Cree and Nitecore is using XP-G R5 Cree.

MT series?

am not impressed.

mh.

Flashaholic*

The head of the MT series looks identical to that of the JetBeam PA10/20 PC10/20 Series.
    The body seems to have a cleaner design and some minor improvements - i.e. reversible clip on all models. On the PA/PC series only the PA20 had a reversible clip.
    The tailcap is different: judging by the looks it may be easier to use with gloves but make it harder for the light to tailstand at all.
    The clip itself is identical to the PA/PC series so nothing to get too excited about: average cheap clip that might accidentally come off.
    The LEDs: all XP-G R5 instead of XM-L T6 - the PA20 was the only PA/PC light to have the R5.
    For the MT20: if lumens are accurate it has 280 instead of 230 lumen.
    For the MT10: no mention of outputs and compatibility with Li-ions 14500. It would be an improvement if 14500 cells were supported but all output levels available with it.

Output levels:
    No mention if strobe or SOS are hidden. Actually SOS does not seem to be mentioned. That could be another improvement.
    The lows have too many lumens for my taste: the Low on the MT1A is supposed to be 5 which might still be acceptable (IMO less would have been better).
    On the MT2A, MT2C, and MT1C the Low is 15, 10, 20 respectively. Considering these lights have 4 non-flashing output levels I find it ridiculous but it might be just me!

If they had been released an year ago I would have pulled the trigger but in the fall of 2012 I see nothing that would justify a cash flow out of my bank account.
    Last edited by Labrador72; 08-29-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Folks just FYI the MT series is designed to go head-to-head against the Fenix line... but keeping in mind that's the Fenix line BEFORE the refresh that's happening.

Flashaholic*

Actually I noticed another improvement compared to the JetBeam PA/PC series: the MT2C works 18650 while the PC20 couldn't fit and only worked with 17640 - not even mentioned in the PC20 manual.

Other than that, they probably aren't bad lights but they are being launched on the market a tad late compared to well established series by other manufacturers. The only are they seem they might have some edge is the lumens/runtime ratio - assuming is accurate. I guess a lot will depend on how the UI actually works. Might turn out to be suspiciouly similar to the PA/PC series?

The Low outputs remain very odd - the MT2A shoots 15 lumens on Low while the MT2C "only" 10 and the MT1C only 15: if the MT series to beat the Fenix line with output levels chosen randomly, they have already won!!!
    Last edited by Labrador72; 08-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Flashaholic*

I just downloaded the MT series manuals from the Nitecore website.
    The UI is the same as the PC/PA series “High-Mid-Low- SOS-Strobe”.

Lio-on batteries are not supported by the MT1A:
    "Primary AA battery AA 1.5V Y (Recommended)
    Rechargeable AA battery AA 1.2V Y (Recommended)
    Primary AA Lithium battery L91 1.5V Y (Recommended)
    Primary LiFePO4 battery 14500 3.2V Y
    Rechargeable Li-ion battery 14500 3.7V N (Banned)"

Question Re: Nitecore MT series

As in my eyes, the head parts are identical to Jetbeam B and P series.

As read another thread, this explain why Nitecore copy Jetbeam products.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-Zip-20/page7 #201 Erzengel said below:

Regarding Nitecore and JETBeam, the German distributor of Sysmax stated on German messerforum.net that Sysmax has registered the JETBeam brand in Europe (EU?) and that the founders of Sysmax and Niteye are now fighting over the JETBeam brand rights. Sysmax claims to own most of the intellectual property and innovation (no further information on that) and will continue to sell the JETBeam products under the Nitecore brand name. There will be no more JETBeam lights sold in Europe in the future.
    This doesn't answer all questions but it explains why many former JETBeam lights are now sold as Nitecore lights.

Regarding the Nitecore T-Series and the Preon ReVo, there was a thread on the ReVo discontinuitation where some members pointed to another manufacturer which also sells lights looking like the ReVo and I recall to have seen them before the T-Series lights.

Flashaholic*

That explains a lot but there are still differences between the JetBeam P Series and the new Nitecore MT series: the MT2C diameter has a larger head and all MT lights are XP-G R5. All in all the MT series looks like a minor upgrade to the P Series with a LED change. I also wonder what will happen in other markets - e.g. the US one: Nitecore and JetBeam will be selling nearly identical products?

Flashaholic*

Found one big advantage of Nitecore MT series over the JetBeam PA/PC series: they are between 20% and 30% cheaper!

Default New Nitecore MT ~ Multi-Task Series

+

Nitecore MT ~ Multi-Task Series
    User defined modes for loosened head, Turbo for tightened head>

For the MT2C model: 2x cr123 or 18650
    Low = 10lm
    Medium = 70lm
    High = 180lm
    Turbo = 360lm
    Also: strobe & sos

Peak Beam Intensity = 6000cd ,,, lux??
    Smooth slight Parabolic reflector

NITECORE MT series flashlights essential have two modes: high mode (100% output) and custom mode. High mode is accessed by tightening the flashlight head while any of one of the four customizable modes (strobe, low, medium, high and SOS) are selected by loosening the head and rapidly pressing the on/off switch to cycle through the modes. A given mode can be saved by simply turn off the light while in that mode. Real-world examples include: When used as a flashlight around the home, the head can be loosened and low level selected in custom mode, providing long runtimes at a lower light intensity. The same flashlight could then be taken out and used a law-enforcement duty light, with user-defined mode set in strobe, making it easy to alternate between high mode and strobe with a simple twist of the flashlight head.
    Last edited by orbital; 08-30-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: add

Default Re: New Nitecore MT ~ Multi-Task Series

thanks for posting it here, I can't seem to see much that makes it truly stand out though. the custom mode could be nice, however.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +
    while any of one of the four customizable modes (strobe, low, medium, high and SOS) are selected by loosening the head and rapidly pressing the on/off switch to cycle through the modes. A given mode can be saved by simply turn off the light while in that mode.
    Maybe I'm mis-reading this .... it sounds like the "user mode" is just a regular click-to-get-next-level interface with memory. Or am I missing something there?

What's so multitasky? Hope it has a i'll-do-your-homework button somewhere hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Talmadge View Post
    Maybe I'm mis-reading this .... it sounds like the "user mode" is just a regular click-to-get-next-level interface with memory. Or am I missing something there?
    +

I was really optimistic thinking you could momentary signal in both modes,,looks only for the Turbo mode {tightened}
    ..so yes, loosened head is a multi-mode w/ memory.

______________18650 EDC'ish size ^
    Last edited by orbital; 08-30-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add

Flashaholic*

That's too bad ... so the example use cases in the ad don't really work ... if an officer fires it off on strobe, and turns it off and back on again too quickly, it could come on in low, making it unacceptable for this usage. On the other hand, it sounds like the head-tightened turbo mode is actually perfect for this type of use, if turbo is the only thing you need a momentary for. Still useful, though it feels like they missed an opportunity to make it more so.

<Quark tactical
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

Flashaholic*

What about the MT26?

Flashaholic*

The MT1A, MT2A, MT1C sell for €40 here in Europe. The €MT2C for less than 45/50. The MT25 for €55 and the MT40 for €70. There are only very few online stores that have them in stock so I can't say if this will be the average price.

The PA20 was selling for €50+ while the PC10, PC20, and PA20 for €60+. The JetBeam PC25 sells for 80+ but I've seen it on sale for 45 euros a few months back - had read some reviews and decided not to get it despite of the very good price. In any case, I'm not sure if the MT25 and the PC25 are fully comparable but the MT series seem to be way less expensive.

For those who understand German or don't mind google translate, a very nice review with lots of pics (including beamshots) on the MT series was posted today
    on Taschenlampen.de: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/ni...mt-serie.html/
    Last edited by Labrador72; 08-31-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
    What about the MT26?
    When you asked about the "MT26" I just thought it was typo and that you had meant to write MT25. I just realized there's an actual MT26 planned but don't know anything about it. Seems to have the same size as the MT25 but the head is slightly different and has cooling fins. Maybe the same light with a much brighter LED?
    Can't find any info on it anywhere aside from a picture by Nitecore!

Grinser2 Re: Nitecore MT series

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador72 View Post
    When you asked about the "MT26" I just thought it was typo and that you had meant to write MT25. I just realized there's an actual MT26 planned but don't know anything about it. Seems to have the same size as the MT25 but the head is slightly different and has cooling fins. Maybe the same light with a much brighter LED?
    Can't find any info on it anywhere aside from a picture by Nitecore!
    From the information I have the MT26 is an XML-U2 and is 800 Lumens.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellbliss View Post
    From the information I have the MT26 is an XML-U2 and is 800 Lumens.
    Thanks!

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by royjohnson77 View Post
    The MT40 looks identical to the JETbeam BC10.
    MT25 looks similar to BC25.
    MT2A looks similat to PA20
    MT1C looks similar to PC10
    MT1A looks similar to PA10
    MT2C looks similar to PC20

The only difference is that JETbeam is using T6 Cree and Nitecore is using XP-G R5 Cree.
    Yeah and the MT40 looks like the BC40.

Well, it has more modes: tight turbo and loose, low-med-high-sos-strobe

Shrug Re: Nitecore MT series

How can I find more details about the MT Series? freshman asks for help...

Good point... I think the MT's look great. The markup on these "highend" lights is astounding. Maybe a company like Nitecore will wake people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador72 View Post
    Found one big advantage of Nitecore MT series over the JetBeam PA/PC series: they are between 20% and 30% cheaper!
    Last edited by cancow; 09-05-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Unenlightened

BatteryJunction actually has the MT26 up on their website even though NiteCore doesn't even have it up yet. They have it priced and everything, but it is "out of stock" when you add it to your cart. Looks like a very promising 750 lumen flashlight for under $70
    Check it out:
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-mt26-smo.html