Thread: Looking for a good tactical light...

Default Looking for a good tactical light...

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this seems to be the place to ask about lights. I am not familiar with many lights so please bare with me. What I am looking for is something in the tactical light field. Money isnt a problem, I'll spend what it takes to get a very nice light. Here's a few things im looking for in the light:

Must: rechargeable, good battery life,dual switch, bright with good throw as well as flood. Semi light, can't be big and bulky. At least not bigger than a streamlight stinger. Thank you, John

Some of the lights that I have been looking at:
    Olight sr51
    firefox ff3
    streamlight stinger DS LED

Are both the olight and Firefox rechargeable?

Default Re: Looking for a good tactical light...

Quote Originally Posted by parks450 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this seems to be the place to ask about lights. I am not familiar with many lights so please bare with me. What I am looking for is something in the tactical light field. Money isnt a problem, I'll spend what it takes to get a very nice light. Here's a few things im looking for in the light:

Must: rechargeable, good battery life,dual switch, bright with good throw as well as flood. Semi light, can't be big and bulky. At least not bigger than a streamlight stinger. Thank you, John

Some of the lights that I have been looking at:
    Olight sr51
    firefox ff3
    streamlight stinger DS LED

Are both the olight and Firefox rechargeable?
    Are rechargeable batteries a good option or you only want rechargeable flashlights?
    [New Malkoff MD2/M61W (neutral) H/L] - [Old Malkoff MD2/M61 219 H/L] - [Fenix TK11 R5] - [4Sevens Quark AA Tactical R5] - [Petzl Tikka Plus] - [Streamlight Propoly 4AA Luxeon]

Only rechargeable, I need something I can charge so I can just plug in on the go.

The new Klarus Rechargeable series
    Xtar has a similar set up and I think Niteye.

They will recharge an 18650 while in the light body
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

I like the klarus lights they seem like a nice piece. How are the niteye and xtar lights?

Niteye are very similar in quality to Sunwayman and have similar features. Xtar is not quite up to the build quality of Klarus and Niteye but is a very solid product. Xtar can also be customized.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Ok, after doing a lot of reading I have it narrowed down to a few. I'm leaning more towards the klarus and the sunwayman as it has better runtime than the rest. Let me know what you guys think.

Thrunite tn31
    Olight sr51
    Klarus xt30
    sunwayman T20cs
    sunwayman t40cs

Anyone else?

Flashaholic

parks450,

iI can tell you the dual switch interface of the klarus lights are superb in use. iI would go for the new xt30 if you want throw. otherwise get the swm T20CS or.. check out the rofis TR51

One of these:

Klarus xt30
    sunwayman T20cs
    sunwayman t40cs

Thanks for the help guys, I ordered the klarus xt 30 for the academy and the new klarus rs11 for everyday use, camping etc.